VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many laws of the game need to have view of "the spirit" of the law

Many years ago the GK picking up the ball when it was passed back to him was outlawed
At first every time the GK picked the ball up when it came back to him from a teammate was punished Then the reason for the law, cut out time wasting, was taken into account and it is to this day virtually redundant
I'm sure that offside was introduced to prevent "goal hanging" and for nearly a century linesmen did a great job in flagging yes, there were mistakes but most were small fractions of a foot or so. The only ones I believe that VAR should be involved in is the clear and obvious ones, the Spurs goal v City a number of seasons ago and one LFC scored in the title run in for example
VAR is now being used to laboratory measure the position of a player and it was not what offside was introduced for, it is ruling out good goals, and the Kane one the other night would have stood if a lino made the decision, as much as I enjoy the Spuds suffering I hate what they have done to the game with this idiot interpretation to suit VAR

Can you imagine the shit storm that would erupt if they only overruled some vague “clear and obvious” mistake?

The second one is left alone that was a narrower call than one that’s previously been ruled out, the internet would explode.

The premier league should should just admit they are putting sports entertainment over sporting integrity.

Some of the shit in the rags game yesterday was laughable.

If refs are being told to officiate for entertainment over the actual rules I might not get so cranky about it.

The premier league should should just admit they are putting sports entertainment over sporting integrity.

Some of the shit in the rags game yesterday was laughable.

If refs are being told to officiate for entertainment over the actual rules I might not get so cranky about it.

I had it on but wasn’t paying total attention most of the time. Can’t remember seeing anything the slightest bit controversial though. What specifically did you find laughable out of interest?

it is quite easy to fix if you fix the the laws surrorunding it

offside - any attaick player whos body fully ahead of a defending one in the defenders half _ not a shpulder, or a toe or half a body no stupid lines.
What difference would that make? ....you'd just have the same stupid lines to see if their full body was ahead, or their shoulder or toe wasn't ahead lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.