VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear, last night shortly after the “goal”, there was a camera angle shown where the ball was clearly over the line by at least an inch (probably two), and I’m talking about the “curvature” of the ball here, not just the ball, it was so clear that McCoist (I think) called it straight away, I even got up and left the game to do something absolutely convinced it was getting disallowed.

The odd thing is, they’ve been showing numerous stills etc from various inferior angle’s since then, but not that one, the best one, it’s like it never existed.
ITV commentators said the same. They said: Why can’t we see the correct angle?

Here’s my take on VAR, clarified by today’s hoo ha.
1. Always accept the on field decision and do not allow VAR to interfere, subject to:
2. Exception to rule above: Captains have three appeals available. If an appeal is made VAR then advises the ref, who watches the screen. After discussion, ref gives his final decision. If successful, the appeal is preserved, if not it is lost.
3. If Ref is uncertain about something he can ask VAR for help, but he must give his on field decision first.
4.Result:
Fewer arguments on tiny margins.
Fewer long referrals.
VAR no longer second reffing.
No clear and obvious definition needed.

Yeah. Before VAR there was endless bickering over decisions. City fans are still angry over Alf Grey in 1981! And rightly so. VAR's not going anywhere. The job now is to make it as efficient as possible.
That is the point. Before VAR we remembered the bad decisions because they stood out and survived over time... in game decisions you can live with..... Perhaps a dozen or so real howlers over a decade... VAR has a dozen or so howlers a season for each team.
It has not improved any aspect of the game and is changing the way the game is played... It's rules are changed regularly to accomadate it and officiating is deteriorating as officials depend on it. It's a shambles.

That is the point. Before VAR we remembered the bad decisions because they stood out and survived over time... in game decisions you can live with..... Perhaps a dozen or so real howlers over a decade... VAR has a dozen or so howlers a season for each team.
It has not improved any aspect of the game and is changing the way the game is played... It's rules are changed regularly to accomadate it and officiating is deteriorating as officials depend on it. It's a shambles.

It's a strange human trait, isn't it?

For 100 years we have been happy to complain about referee's decisions, whilst accepting them (for the most part) as part of the game.

But when VAR comes in to show "100% proof" of a decision like off-side. or ball over line, we are less likely to accept it as our eyes tell us something different, and all hell breaks loose.

VAR has removed the "well, they are only human and it's so difficult so there will be mistakes" defence and replaced it with "they have all the technology and they still can't get the bloody thing right" attack. And it's ruining the experience of the people who should be most important, the match-going fans.

I don't think it's an improvement to the flow and spirit of the game, in all honesty, but I suppose it's here to stay.

I swear, last night shortly after the “goal”, there was a camera angle shown where the ball was clearly over the line by at least an inch (probably two), and I’m talking about the “curvature” of the ball here, not just the ball, it was so clear that McCoist (I think) called it straight away, I even got up and left the game to do something absolutely convinced it was getting disallowed.

The odd thing is, they’ve been showing numerous stills etc from various inferior angle’s since then, but not that one, the best one, it’s like it never existed.
We’ve been seeing it more and more, where it looks like a wrong decision has been made but we no longer get to see the replay, or we see one from a different angle hours later.

Just like the angle released after Germany going out, from an angle only a drone could’ve captured.

Ronald's penalty.
Fernandes penalty.
Messi penalty.
Japan's given 2nd goal.

All given on the biggest footballing stage after VAR intervention yet how many of us would of expected these decisions 3 weeks ago if they'd happened in the Prem.

We're obviously in for more murkier decisions when the prem does resume then if this competition as been another blueprint.

Because VAR is making decisions based 100th of a millimetre it all depends on what still they use. For off side they guess which frame to use, some frames the ball is round, some frames the ball is blurred and egg shaped.

So it natural to do the same, is the ball in or out of play. Do we trust the still picture ? It's easy to photoshop do we trust VAR ?

VAR can be used to change games, it isnt transparent and VAR dosnt explain how the decision was made. What is being hidden ?

Ronald's penalty.
Fernandes penalty.
Messi penalty.
Japan's given 2nd goal.

All given on the biggest footballing stage after VAR intervention yet how many of us would of expected these decisions 3 weeks ago if they'd happened in the Prem.

We're obviously in for more murkier decisions when the prem does resume then if this competition as been another blueprint.
Don't worry the Fa would never use this sort of skullduggery to influence the result of City's games and steer us away from being Champions. We can trust in their impartiality implicitly.

Fair enough, I didn't pay much attention to the shenanigans after the goal tbh. I suppose FIFA could be using images that show a particular outcome if they had made a mistake in the game, but making such a mistake with not the best camera angle would be a BIG mistake and the cover up would be exposed by better evidence I guess. Let's see. The image I saw was pretty conclusive tbf.
Honestly mate I’ve no idea for their reasoning (don’t particularly care these days either) but I know what I saw last night, it was clear as day, it just strikes me as odd that by a mile, they neglected to use that angle, that still, again, it actually reminded me of the Llorente handball goal for Spurs in the CL against us, one angle showed it hit his arm, the rest were either inconclusive or didn’t show it, yet they elected to keep re-running the inconclusive etc ones and not the one that did.

Result manipulation and nothing more.

The criminals running it are laughing all the way to the fucking bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.