VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Footballs not ruined
Growing bigger and bigger world wide
VAR is here to stay, it’s improving and making the game better - you won’t accept it ever which is fine, but for most fans and the next generation it will be accepted and part and parcel of the game
Decisions from VAR are not improving the game, they are improving the drama. The game has been sold, the last bastion of integrity gone for the sake of money.

The vast, VAST majority won't accept it, but you're right, within the next 100 years when our generation of football fans die out, it'll be the norm. Great! That's a great comfort. By the way my lads are 18 and 21. They HATE it, as do all their mates. So it might be some time before it's accepted as "the norm"

3 more years is my guess

Loads of issues will have been ironed out and less controversy

Even now the controversy is mainly around minuscule decisions that could go either way - whereas before it was blatant offsides and dives the main talking points

3 more years is my guess

Loads of issues will have been ironed out and less controversy

Even now the controversy is mainly around minuscule decisions that could go either way - whereas before it was blatant offsides and dives the main talking points
Yeah. Before VAR there was endless bickering over decisions. City fans are still angry over Alf Grey in 1981! And rightly so. VAR's not going anywhere. The job now is to make it as efficient as possible.

Yeah. Before VAR there was endless bickering over decisions. City fans are still angry over Alf Grey in 1981! And rightly so. VAR's not going anywhere. The job now is to make it as efficient as possible.
How long has var been in place now ? I dont think France or Germany are likely to agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.