VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah and?

This game has explained to me that many people don’t understand spherical geometry.

It's explained to me that we no longer play football. A man sits in a hut with a slide rule, an abacus and a boiling pot containing tails of newts and bats wings. He uses one of them to decide what happened. There is also a TV screen in the room but ah fuck it, who needs that.

It's explained to me that we no longer play football. A man sits in a hut with a slide rule, an abacus and a boiling pot containing tails of newts and bats wings. He uses one of them to decide what happened. There is also a TV screen in the room but ah fuck it, who needs that.
I think it’s probably a computer tbh.

It’s obvious a matter of millimetres either way, I’m not sure I’ve seen conclusive proof the on field decision should have been overruled not withstanding the VAR decision could be correct, hope that clears it up :-)
The ball has sensors in it and they’ve got computer cameras all over the pitch. Their software will know it’s either in play or not so it’s either the right decision or wrong but if trust the software over a human eye any day of the week on stuff like this. It’s exactly like the Stones clearance on the line against Liverpool.

Here’s my take on VAR, clarified by today’s hoo ha.
1. Always accept the on field decision and do not allow VAR to interfere, subject to:
2. Exception to rule above: Captains have three appeals available. If an appeal is made VAR then advises the ref, who watches the screen. After discussion, ref gives his final decision. If successful, the appeal is preserved, if not it is lost.
3. If Ref is uncertain about something he can ask VAR for help, but he must give his on field decision first.
4.Result:
Fewer arguments on tiny margins.
Fewer long referrals.
VAR no longer second reffing.
No clear and obvious definition needed.
I think they should trial this system in cricket or tennis before they introduce it to football, or ask Arse Wenger, but he'd probably just call for jokers or something ......

The ball has sensors in it and they’ve got computer cameras all over the pitch. Their software will know it’s either in play or not so it’s either the right decision or wrong but if trust the software over a human eye any day of the week on stuff like this. It’s exactly like the Stones clearance on the line against Liverpool.
According to several reports, one of which is in the Daily Telegraph. The sensors in the ball could not indicate whether the ball had completely crossed the line.
It goes on to say it was the var official looking at still images that made the decision.
As others have said, which frame was used. Cynical Blues saying conspiracy can be laughed off, ITV asking why the image they saw was not used nor seen again can't be.
I go back to my point, before Var we sat here slagging decisions and we sit here with Var slagging decisions. It is a waste of time.

Come on, SWP, that wasn't just a clearance - the well-honed skill in which he nutmegged that raggity-haired Egyptian was a piece of sublime defending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.