VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes and at some levels it probably exists

but every subjective tight VAR decision doesn't need to be met with 'it's pure corruption!' every time
That’s a distribution illusion, though.

Every contentious incident will have *someone* thinking it is due to corruption that it was decided a certain way, which in turn makes it seem to casual observers as though everyone thinks everything is down to corruption, which isn’t the case.

As @halfcenturyup correctly summarised earlier in the thread, I don’t think every decision is due to corruption (or even most decisions), but I do think the system itself is corrupted, which means every decision *could* be due to corruption.

And there in lies the problem. When the system is corrupted to a high level, it is difficult to know what is good faith and what is bad faith action.

yes and at some levels it probably exists

but every subjective tight VAR decision doesn't need to be met with 'it's pure corruption!' every time
The thing that makes me think VAR is probably far more right than wrong is that Redcafe and RAWK both thing VAR is against them and pro City.

Bluemoon thinks the opposite. If it’s upsetting all 3 then it’s fair to say that it’s probably fair more often than not. I’m incredibly blue biased but even then, I try to be as objective as possible. There are far more correct decisions now than previously. The one major change I’d have is offsides based on feet, not short sleeves.

Best way to make Var more efficient is to fuck it off completely..
I can't stand Var and nobody around where I sit wants it either..
I doubt that many match going fans want it either.
All season ticket holders from every Premier League club should be asked to vote on whether they want Var or not..and if a majority want it then it stays and if the majority don't want it then it's gone.
I was in favour of Var before it came in but now I fucking hate it..it's ruining the game we love.

A revarendum?

The thing that makes me think VAR is probably far more right than wrong is that Redcafe and RAWK both thing VAR is against them and pro City.

Bluemoon thinks the opposite. If it’s upsetting all 3 then it’s fair to say that it’s probably fair more often than not. I’m incredibly blue biased but even then, I try to be as objective as possible. There are far more correct decisions now than previously. The one major change I’d have is offsides based on feet, not short sleeves.
I’d go a bit further on offsides and make players like the ball. That is, to be offside, the whole of the player needs to be beyond the second last man to be offside. Controversy over.

I’d go a bit further on offsides and make players like the ball. That is, to be offside, the whole of the player needs to be beyond the second last man to be offside. Controversy over.
The wallahs in the VAR shed will still be out with the slide rule and telling us that Foden was offside by 2mm whilst Rashford was onside by the same distance.

I never trusted the whistling wankers before VAR; I trust them even less now they have adopted a system which is the most opaque of all examples of video assistance in world sportl

Im sure someone else has probably said it but that decision left to the onfield refs would have knocked Japan out of the wc. That really would have been scandalous considering the onfield refs were wrong.
Not sure it would, a 1-1 draw for Japan and Germany winning 4-2 leaves both teams on 4 pts and a goal diff of +1. But Japan would go through on the head to head. Thinks. EDITED
You are right my friend, just googled. Goals scored precede head to head so the Germans would progress through 6 to 4.

Last edited:

I’d add more transparency/better communication to that.

Would be nice to see an official statement from FIFA on these types of things, though. Transparency and all that .....

382c38f7d01b435cd742e6a2166bb611.jpg

47c850811eb43654a8fa905fd4d92d7c.jpg

Those images are actually short videos if you want to check them out. I don’t know how to link a video.

382c38f7d01b435cd742e6a2166bb611.jpg

47c850811eb43654a8fa905fd4d92d7c.jpg

Those images are actually short videos if you want to check them out. I don’t know how to link a video.
Fair enough, thanks. Would still like to know if they used the inertia sensors to determine when the ball was kicked though. If they didn't, I have been talking bollocks all day and I will have to get my conspiracy hat out again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.