VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I have ever said everyone is corrupt. I said the system is corrupted. @SebastianBlue can mansplain it to you. I think I am pretty fair to officials and the governing bodies :)

I hate that I now have to support VAR over this incident, but VAR should be congratulated when it gets something right, and this SAOT, ball and player sensor thing is a big improvement if we really want accuracy to 1mm. But we can't complain then when the technology to 1mm is more accurate than the naked eye.
'@SebastianBlue can mansplain it to you.'
Phew! I thought I'd accidentally find my way on to the Guardian's comments page by mistake.
; )

that's because some just enjoy being permanently outraged, get rid of VAR and you'll still be calling refs, linos, FA, officials all corrupt - so it makes no difference anyway
Or some of us have seen firsthand how the world actually works and aren’t so naive as to believe football is the only enterprise left in the world not touched by corruption.

/mansplaining

Is that subbuteo? Nothing like what actually happened, the white line is too thin to start with.

If more than half the ball is over the line it should be declared as out.
Glad my kids have finished with youth football. I can see chaos on the touchlines as a result of the many "interpretations" resulting from this. It was bad enough already. Now every dodgy "parental" linesman will be using whatever latitude they can get away with. Best not visit A&E at the weekend.

Or some of us have seen firsthand how the world actually works and aren’t so naive as to believe football is the only enterprise left in the world not touched by corruption.

/mansplaining

yes and at some levels it probably exists

but every subjective tight VAR decision doesn't need to be met with 'it's pure corruption!' every time

Great except it wasn't used.
Posters keep quoting about the technology within the ball despite FIFA saying that the technology could not indicate whether the ball was in or out.

Not trying to drag this out, but can you tell me where I can find what FIFA has said about the incident, and what "technology" they were talking about? Just want to make sure I wasn't talking complete bs earlier :)

I understand the geometry of it and how it can be seen to be out etc but how many throws in are given just from looking at it without the birds eye view over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.