VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to drag this out, but can you tell me where I can find what FIFA has said about the incident, and what "technology" they were talking about? Just want to make sure I wasn't talking complete bs earlier :)
The Daily Telegraph (as I stated earlier) has the article for starters.

The Daily Telegraph (as I stated earlier) has the article for starters.

OK thanks for that. Need a shower after going to the DT.

Didn't see anything from FIFA, though, just some waffle about technology not being used (which is nonsense, of course) and "semi-automated technology in the ball" being of no help (showing a lack of understanding of what semi-automated means and what the technology actually is). Oh, and "sources". Journalists are so casual with their language. I think you get a better analysis from other posters on here, tbh.

I think what he really means is the same as I wrote at the beginning.

Would be nice to see an official statement from FIFA on these types of things, though. Transparency and all that .....

I understand the geometry of it and how it can be seen to be out etc but how many throws in are given just from looking at it without the birds eye view over it.
But they don't generally lead to goals which is why this incident was referred to VAR. If the ball had subsequently been cleared or gone out for a GK or corner then nobody would have looked at it.

Whether the ball was in or out for Japan's goal doesn't matter. It simply shows, yet again that the idiots in charge decided to fix something that wasn't broken. Var causes more problems than if it was just left to the 3 officials. If the linesman got it wrong it would be accepted almost immediately. Its a split second decision. But oh no, we have to have Var. How to ruin the simple game of football.
Im sure someone else has probably said it but that decision left to the onfield refs would have knocked Japan out of the wc. That really would have been scandalous considering the onfield refs were wrong.

I understand the geometry of it and how it can be seen to be out etc but how many throws in are given just from looking at it without the birds eye view over it.

Not trying to be combative but I’ve heard this a few times and really don’t understand this argument. Are people suggesting that because we get lots of decisions wrong due to imperfect information, that we should make sure all decisions are made with imperfect information, regardless of impact on the game? Based on that logic we’d be scrapping goal line technology altogether and going back to letting the linesman eyeball everything.

I am always hoping they get rid of VAR one day. it causes nothing out pain.

still to this day I've never got over the trauma on sterling's disallowed goal.

for that goal I celebrated like never before.

Now I rarely cheer on impulse when we score and when I do its always one of those that are disallowed. Even the dog gets annoyed as they also go mental when we score.

Yeah. Before VAR there was endless bickering over decisions. City fans are still angry over Alf Grey in 1981! And rightly so. VAR's not going anywhere. The job now is to make it as efficient as possible.
Best way to make Var more efficient is to fuck it off completely..
I can't stand Var and nobody around where I sit wants it either..
I doubt that many match going fans want it either.
All season ticket holders from every Premier League club should be asked to vote on whether they want Var or not..and if a majority want it then it stays and if the majority don't want it then it's gone.
I was in favour of Var before it came in but now I fucking hate it..it's ruining the game we love.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.