VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The would be 3rd Morrocco goal chalked off, offside was the call but not clear why. An attacker was between the shooter and the 'keeper but only a very side-on angle was used and zero attempt to clarify.

Even if every decision was correct by VAR they haven't demonstrated it, and used a very anti-attacking team version of interfering with play on some occasions.

I'v thoughnt about that recently. I wonder if the goals scored across the PL has gone down since VAR's introduction?

88f96093f651a12101dc569b2a6109ec.jpg

22c5308ad3de04ce8f5310e8a02d1421.jpg

The three full years with VAR have all seen above the average goals scored since the Premier League started. If this seasons average so far was maintained, it will be the highest ever.

I've said this many times, VAR is anti football, where the whole point of the game is GOALS, and all VAR seems to do is get rid of them, why would a sport want to get rid of it's main point of playing ?

I for one applaud the goal being given and not chalked off yesterday, there is no conclusive proof it went out of play, therefore it should stand, same with the very marginal offsides (that law should now be "clearly" offside imho, ie a clear gap).

Stop cancelling goals, give them unless very obvious mistakes are made.
But VAR also gives goals that would not have been given due to close offsides and leads to penalties that wouldn’t have been seen.

The amount of goals has slightly increased overall since its implementation, rather than gone down.

88f96093f651a12101dc569b2a6109ec.jpg

22c5308ad3de04ce8f5310e8a02d1421.jpg

The three full years with VAR have all seen above the average goals scored since the Premier League started. If this seasons average so far was maintained, it will be the highest ever.
Less than 2018/19 though so far.

Of course VAR is one variable. If the added-on time is strict like this WC we will certainly see more goals.

With VAR you get more penalties given in addition than overturned, but the offsides/hand ball/foul goals ruled out outweigh the offsides given.

I've said this many times, VAR is anti football, where the whole point of the game is GOALS, and all VAR seems to do is get rid of them, why would a sport want to get rid of it's main point of playing ?

I for one applaud the goal being given and not chalked off yesterday, there is no conclusive proof it went out of play, therefore it should stand, same with the very marginal offsides (that law should now be "clearly" offside imho, ie a clear gap).

I tend to agree with that but what we’re being conditioned to think now is that the referee’s decision is correct in those situations and if it’s not, var improves the process.

Pre var, I don’t think the Japan goal would have been ruled out by the referee/linesman. In my opinion, the referee did that as a fail safe, so it would go to var because he knows it’s there… and we still haven’t proved anything. Var has modified referees’ behaviour.

But VAR also gives goals that would not have been given due to close offsides and leads to penalties that wouldn’t have been seen.

The amount of goals has slightly increased overall since its implementation, rather than gone down.
Maybe, but it doesn't feel like that.

I'd like to see the "goals" be increased by more than the stats, but for me, for those added, as many marginal (or more) are taken away.

Like I said the whole point of football is scoring goals, so why find a (new) way to remove them so often ?

We have enough negative teams in football, that do that already.

Is that subbuteo? Nothing like what actually happened, the white line is too thin to start with.

If more than half the ball is over the line it should be declared as out.
Its exactly like what happened….. shows quite well why different angles/perspective matter.

The law is the whole of the ball must be over the line. Like every other sport known to man. Do you want them to disregard the actul law as it stands?

Last edited:

VAR literally gave Japan a goal which wouldnt have stood without it…??

Average goals are also up since VAR was introduced….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.