VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its exactly like what happened….. shows quite well why different angles/perspective matter.

The law is the whole of the ball must be over the line. Like every other sport known to man. Do you want them to disregard the actul law as it stands?
Think that's not quite right. In rugby and cricket the ball only has to touch the line to be out of play. In fact the ball can stay on the pitch ,if a person touches the line or boundary rope while in contact with it.

Think that's not quite right. In rugby and cricket the ball only has to touch the line to be out of play. In fact the ball can stay on the pitch ,if a person touches the line or boundary rope while in contact with it.

Also in cricket, the ball can be yards over the boundary and still be in play if it’s knocked back by a fielder without them touching the ground over the line.

Think that's not quite right. In rugby and cricket the ball only has to touch the line to be out of play. In fact the ball can stay on the pitch ,if a person touches the line or boundary rope while in contact with it
Rugby fair enough, its a bit weird in this respect. However, with most sports with VAR in line calls, tennis/cricket (lbw’s/run outs/no balls) are like this (in or out) and the law in football is the whole of the ball has to be over the line….

Last edited:
Yep, yer right Igup! But what I would be concerned about is the notion among some that the 'technology' is infallible. I've just picked up my phone and it says the latest download failed. No why, or explanation. It could have downloaded fuck knows what and I wouldn't know. Apart from the goons running the show the tech is just as good as all tech seems to be - occasionally NOT foolproof.

Rugby fair enough, its a bit weird in this respect. However, wit most sports with VAR in line calls, tennis/cricket (lbw’s/run outs/no balls) are like this (in or out) and the law in football is the whole of the ball has to be over the line….
Cricket if the ball hits the rope (without bouncing) it’s a six I think.

Is it not being used in this World Cup for keepers coming off their line at penalties, the Uruguayan keeper last night was well off his ?

VAR worked pretty well at the last WC in Russia. This one has been awful. They either wait 20 minutes to show the image or don't show it at all. If you look at the Rudiger goal that got disallowed the image FIFA showed to us , the ball has quite clearly left his foot already when the image is frozen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.