VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brighton v Arsenal.
Ref gives a goal to make it 2-3. VAR "guesses" a foot was offside and takes responsibility away from the on-field refereeing team (who have seen nothing wrong) and disallows the goal. On-field ref has no say in the decision-making process.

City v Everton.
Ref waves play on as an attacker is felled during a coming together of players in the area, which presumably indicates that he has seen nothing wrong during the incident. We are told that VAR looks and TV audiences are shown at least some of the views that VAR sees. The evidence shown appears to CLEARLY shows that the cause of the attacker hitting the grass is his foot being stood on. VAR decides it's not a penalty.

Who do they tell us referees the match? But who's actually leading the majority of the BIG decision-making processes? We're told that it's the guy in the little black uniform who (sometimes) runs about on the pitch.

Is it?

Where does the real control lie?
With those wanting to fix a certain outcome in games and for the final table come end of season..

Fuck knows! We've been fed so much shite about how VAR works that lasts about a week and there is a rapid revision of the explanation of how VAR works when 'illuminating' a decision this weekend that will raise the question as to why VAR wasn't involved last or next weekend for similar incidents. I think PiGMOL want to operate a system that is probably more technologically based than 'smoke 'n mirrors'!
But the technology, which in truth isn't anything like being up to the task, is being sold to us as being as close to exact/definitive as it is possible to be for offsides (when it's anything but), and open to objectivity when "contact" decisions are concerned.

And then the exact same referees make decisions which are so inconsistent to be polar opposites of one another regarding very similar incidents in consecutive matches, sometimes it's difficult to see the smoke for the mirrors.

I’ll put this in here,why was the whole delay over the linesman and the mic or whatever not sorted sooner do they not have back up kits for this if it occurs instead of faffing around taking just over 6 mins to sort,and what happens if they can’t fix it or have a back up on hand ..

If they can’t fix it or replace it, they’d carry on without it.

Are you suggesting the fixer guy deliberately took his time to fuck City over?

Anyone think there isn't 100% chance that Mahrez foul is given if it was Salah at Klanfield?

Have no doubt, Mason and the PL/PiGMOL fucked us over yesterday.

Salah was getting 10x more penalty’s before VAR - every dive was awarded a penalty.
Don’t think he’s won any this season

Nope but in the interests of the game and to keep it going could they not sort these things out quicker

Ok, I’m never quite sure how far gone some people are. I’m sure he fixed it as quickly as he could. He was clearly having trouble getting it working.

Ok, I’m never quite sure how far gone some people are. I’m sure he fixed it as quickly as he could. He was clearly having trouble getting it working.
Hence why I mentioned previously do they not have back up kits handy just change it over if it’s not working,ffs the money the league is making you’d think they would have some sort of back up plan in place,I wonder how long they would have carried on attempting to fix it till they realised they can’t do it,obviously they did after about 6 mins but would they have say kept on after 10 mins and players still standing about ..

Salah was getting 10x more penalty’s before VAR - every dive was awarded a penalty.
Don’t think he’s won any this season

The question was whether he would get a penalty if someone clearly stood on his foot when he was running in the penalty area. I suppose it was rhetorical.
At least hypothetical.

But let's bookmark this for when it happens at Anfield, as it surely will at some point. Probably when it's 0-0 with ten minutes to go. :)

But the technology, which in truth isn't anything like being up to the task, is being sold to us as being as close to exact/definitive as it is possible to be for offsides (when it's anything but), and open to objectivity when "contact" decisions are concerned.

And then the exact same referees make decisions which are so inconsistent to be polar opposites of one another regarding very similar incidents in consecutive matches, sometimes it's difficult to see the smoke for the mirrors.
I couldn't agree more, teoe! It amuses me no end when the notion of contact is brought in to be some deciding factor. Why would there not be contact in a contact sport? The question they never pose, within the commentary or at HT/FT with the 'experts' on the LotG, ex=pros and 'celebrities, is this: "Was the player fouled?" whether it was a trip, a push, or by being held, kicked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.