VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll put this in here,why was the whole delay over the linesman and the mic or whatever not sorted sooner do they not have back up kits for this if it occurs instead of faffing around taking just over 6 mins to sort,and what happens if they can’t fix it or have a back up on hand ..

Do you think there was contact..yes or no.
If the ref had seen it then it had to be a penalty..I'm sure you agree on that.
So if the ref doesn't give it then in my opinion it's a clear error and Var should intervene.
If Var isn't going to pick up on things like that then it's not fit for purpose...I would happily go back to football without Var.
Var picks up on things like a possible foul 20 yards from goal and then uses that to over rule a goal but misses when someone has their foot stood on in the penalty area..it's a farce

There was contact, enough to 100% give a penalty ? I feel there is a delayed reaction also from Mahrez - but on replay you do seem them given , as say if it was 100% I think VAR would have told the ref but nowadays when it comes to penalty decisions they want to leave it in the hands of the referee and don’t want to interfere to much

Will always be some grey areas and can point to one decision in one game and compare it to another

There was contact, enough to 100% give a penalty ? I feel there is a delayed reaction also from Mahrez - but on replay you do seem them given , as say if it was 100% I think VAR would have told the ref but nowadays when it comes to penalty decisions they want to leave it in the hands of the referee and don’t want to interfere to much

Will always be some grey areas and can point to one decision in one game and compare it to another
The point of Var is as I believe to assist the ref when he misses something regarding goals penalties etc...so if the ref doesn't give a clear penalty then what the fuck is it for apart from spoiling the game for match going fans..
Nobody who sits around me wants Var..
You will never agree that Var is anything but good and I am the polar opposite...
Have a good year mate..

The point of Var is as I believe to assist the ref when he misses something regarding goals penalties etc...so if the ref doesn't give a clear penalty then what the fuck is it for apart from spoiling the game for match going fans..
Nobody who sits around me wants Var..
You will never agree that Var is anything but good and I am the polar opposite...
Have a good year mate..

Mentioned loads I don’t like about VAR and the negative side to it

Brighton v Arsenal.
Ref gives a goal to make it 2-3. VAR "guesses" a foot was offside and takes responsibility away from the on-field refereeing team (who have seen nothing wrong) and disallows the goal. On-field ref has no say in the decision-making process.

City v Everton.
Ref waves play on as an attacker is felled during a coming together of players in the area, which presumably indicates that he has seen nothing wrong during the incident. We are told that VAR looks and TV audiences are shown at least some of the views that VAR sees. The evidence shown appears to CLEARLY shows that the cause of the attacker hitting the grass is his foot being stood on. VAR decides it's not a penalty.

Who do they tell us referees the match? But who's actually leading the majority of the BIG decision-making processes? We're told that it's the guy in the little black uniform who (sometimes) runs about on the pitch.

Is it?

Where does the real control lie?

Brighton v Arsenal.
Ref gives a goal to make it 2-3. VAR "guesses" a foot was offside and takes responsibility away from the on-field refereeing team (who have seen nothing wrong) and disallows the goal. On-field ref has no say in the decision-making process.

City v Everton.
Ref waves play on as an attacker is felled during a coming together of players in the area, which presumably indicates that he has seen nothing wrong during the incident. We are told that VAR looks and TV audiences are shown at least some of the views that VAR sees. The evidence shown appears to CLEARLY shows that the cause of the attacker hitting the grass is his foot being stood on. VAR decides it's not a penalty.

Who do they tell us referees the match? But who's actually leading the majority of the BIG decision-making processes? We're told that it's the guy in the little black uniform who (sometimes) runs about on the pitch.

Is it?

Where does the real control lie?
Fuck knows! We've been fed so much shite about how VAR works that lasts about a week and there is a rapid revision of the explanation of how VAR works when 'illuminating' a decision this weekend that will raise the question as to why VAR wasn't involved last or next weekend for similar incidents. I think PiGMOL want to operate a system that is probably more technologically based than 'smoke 'n mirrors'!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.