VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slightly different point and I know not as per the rules, but…

The longer we play after an incident the less likely I feel it will be given, I know the rule is they should look as play continues.

I would like at some point if we felt it was that clear cut that we kick the ball out deliberately, to get the game halted and it looked into ASAP.

I know this is not the spirit of it, but I do feel it would certainly add pressure to have something looked into.

It felt like it took forever, sitting there in the cold but I’ve read it was less than six minutes. Still annoying. I suspect if they’d somehow known from the outset it was going to take that long, they’d have probably sacked it off and carried on without it. But these things normally take less than a minute, so I suppose once the guy has started fiddling around, you’ve got to stick with it until he’s done. He seemed quite pleased with his work, waving away to the crowd afterwards.
It made it worse that Everton were constantly playing dead and disrupting the flow of the game so this just added to it. As you say, I presume they thought it was a quick fix but common sense went out the window when it wasn't. As 11 minutes were added on I reckon it was far longer than 6 minutes.
Why do they need to talk to each other anyway ?

It made it worse that Everton were constantly playing dead and disrupting the flow of the game so this just added to it. As you say, I presume they thought it was a quick fix but common sense went out the window when it wasn't. As 11 minutes were added on I reckon it was far longer than 6 minutes.
To reduce the amount of time the officials waste during the match…

Ah, but comms is available and refs need to be at the cutting edge of technology. I just wonder why during the seemingly interminable recess we didn't get a single word on the screen at to what was happening. At one point I thought the flunky was looking for the lino's tits. I sit diammetrically opposite but in CBL3 so it was a long way away and an easy mistake to make. Wasn't Bolton's finest, Mason, in the VAR shed? Might explain every detail.
Why should they communicate with the paying public ?

Deffo clips his foot - enough for a delayed over the top reaction from Mahrez to go down like that though? Can see why it wasn’t given. But had the ref referred that to VAR then I reckon it would have.
But isn't Var meant to pick up on these things?
It's an obvious error that the ref missed or was it missed or just ignored...
Mason on Var must have seen it and if he doesn't think that's a mistake by the ref in not awarding it then Var isn't worthwhile.
Honest question..
If Mahrez was either a rag or dipper player under the same circumstances do you think it would have been a penalty?

But isn't Var meant to pick up on these things?
It's an obvious error that the ref missed or was it missed or just ignored...
Mason on Var must have seen it and if he doesn't think that's a mistake by the ref in not awarding it then Var isn't worthwhile.
Honest question..
If Mahrez was either a rag or dipper player under the same circumstances do you think it would have been a penalty?

If it was 100% clear then VAR intervene - they will have assumed the ref saw it and deemed not enough to warrant a penalty so they don’t intervene.

Second point - not so sure, rags and dippers continually moan about refs decisions going against them, like any clubs fans

I said to the guy next to me during one of their many physio stops and I’ve probably said it on here before, that I think it’s time they experimented with allowing the physio to come on while play goes on. They’d have to be some exceptions. Serious looking injuries. You can normally tell them straight away. Maybe they’re not allowed in the penalty area? But that way players can roll around and play dead for 10 minutes at a time if they like while play goes on.

If it was 100% clear then VAR intervene - they will have assumed the ref saw it and deemed not enough to warrant a penalty so they don’t intervene.

Second point - not so sure, rags and dippers continually moan about refs decisions going against them, like any clubs fans
Do you think there was contact..yes or no.
If the ref had seen it then it had to be a penalty..I'm sure you agree on that.
So if the ref doesn't give it then in my opinion it's a clear error and Var should intervene.
If Var isn't going to pick up on things like that then it's not fit for purpose...I would happily go back to football without Var.
Var picks up on things like a possible foul 20 yards from goal and then uses that to over rule a goal but misses when someone has their foot stood on in the penalty area..it's a farce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.