VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PiGMOL/PL can stop the arguments once and for all if they really wanted to by releasing all comm's between match officials. The fact that they are dragging their heels speaks volumes.

When Scudamore uttered his infamous 'Strategic plan/new name on the trophy' bollocks he wasn't lying and I don't think we've ever got past that. I genuinely think something is afoot with the way the games are being 'managed'.

Something STINKS.

The laws of the game are quite clear in this respect and yet they are NEVER enforced.
This is from the IFAB laws of the game, on the FA website.
INJURIES
  • allows play to continue until the ball is out of play if a player is only slightly injured
  • stops play if a player is seriously injured and ensures that the player is removed from the field of play. An injured player may not be treated on the field of play and may only re-enter after play has restarted; if the ball is in play, re-entry must be from the touchline but if the ball is out of play, it may be from any boundary line.
https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-5---the-referee

Hilariously, so is the one about the keeper holding the ball for six seconds.

“An indirect free kick is awarded if a goalkeeper, inside their penalty area, commits any of the following offences:

• controls the ball with the hand/arm for more than six seconds before releasing it”
https://www.thefa.com/football-rule.../football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

I have no doubt, if both those laws were strictly enforced, time wasting would be consigned to history.
Lots of the LoTG are 'selectively' applied.

The PiGMOL/PL can stop the arguments once and for all if they really wanted to by releasing all comm's between match officials. The fact that they are dragging their heels speaks volumes.

When Scudamore uttered his infamous 'Strategic plan/new name on the trophy' bollocks he wasn't lying and I don't think we've ever got past that. I genuinely think something is afoot with the way the games are being 'managed'.

Something STINKS.

Careful. You will have someone asking you: if you really believe that, why do you continue watching?

Careful. You will have someone asking you: if you really believe that, why do you continue watching?
Because I honestly think my team are battling to overcome those who seek to control the game.

I bet there's a treasure trove of evidence sitting in a vault somewhere. But who's going to be the one to step up and blow the lid on it?

The laws of the game are quite clear in this respect and yet they are NEVER enforced.
This is from the IFAB laws of the game, on the FA website.
INJURIES
  • allows play to continue until the ball is out of play if a player is only slightly injured
  • stops play if a player is seriously injured and ensures that the player is removed from the field of play. An injured player may not be treated on the field of play and may only re-enter after play has restarted; if the ball is in play, re-entry must be from the touchline but if the ball is out of play, it may be from any boundary line.
https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-5---the-referee

Hilariously, so is the one about the keeper holding the ball for six seconds.

“An indirect free kick is awarded if a goalkeeper, inside their penalty area, commits any of the following offences:

• controls the ball with the hand/arm for more than six seconds before releasing it”
https://www.thefa.com/football-rule.../football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

I have no doubt, if both those laws were strictly enforced, time wasting would be consigned to history.
I'm not so sure about injuries - Most of the time wasting injuries aren't treated. It's the player going down with cramp as soon as the ball is collected by their own keeper, or waiting till they've got a throw and sitting down.

You might hope that if you get the trainer on, then the ref doesn't add the full extra time, but the real killer is constantly breaking up momentum. The constant 20-30 second breaks when a player sits, but then waves away the ref, and just gets up slowly aren't there in the hope the ref only add on 15-20 seconds, they're done to give everyone a quick breather, to get back in position, and to mentally reset. The constant stop start also gives the attacking team time to think about the seconds slipping away, putting extra pressure on, rather than allowing them to build up momentum.

, we just want it to be transparent and consistent. It's great that it is correcting obvious referee mistakes, but surely that is the absolute minimum?

It’s never going to be 100% transparent and consistent- there’s always going to be grey areas and certain decisions we can point to happening in one game and not another.

What VAR has done is reduce the amount of incorrect decisions than before VAR and we can rule out certain offsides and penalty’s etc. the ref has a opportunity for a second look if he is unsure - the pros weigh out the cons for me

I'm not so sure about injuries - Most of the time wasting injuries aren't treated. It's the player going down with cramp as soon as the ball is collected by their own keeper, or waiting till they've got a throw and sitting down.

You might hope that if you get the trainer on, then the ref doesn't add the full extra time, but the real killer is constantly breaking up momentum. The constant 20-30 second breaks when a player sits, but then waves away the ref, and just gets up slowly aren't there in the hope the ref only add on 15-20 seconds, they're done to give everyone a quick breather, to get back in position, and to mentally reset. The constant stop start also gives the attacking team time to think about the seconds slipping away, putting extra pressure on, rather than allowing them to build up momentum.
But the trainer isn’t supposed to come on. For any treatment, save for a serious injury, the player is supposed to leave the field in order to be treated. If they did that there would be no value in lying down.

Something STINKS.
I would agree. Nothing more dispiriting from a spectator's viewpoint than City winning another title. The RDAHMeedya will be cockahoop if there's another name on the pot. And what better way to achieve that than by adopting a secretive, opaque system where nobody inside the ground has a clue what is being decided, how it's being decided beyond posting on the screen WHY they are looking at the goal or pen or red card, and then finally telling us WHAT they have decided, with absolutely fuck all in between! It's the 'in-between' bit I want to hear. Once I have that over the speakers then I will accept that the system is transparent. I might still think they are cheating bastards but at least I'll KNOW they're cheating bastards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.