VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said I was out, now I've had beer.
Fuck you spammers, I've read what you said about me and behind my back in your oh so cute love in. You think your so fucking clever well your not. VAR is shit because the people that use it are bent, self seving wankers.
Don't forget you are a guest on this forum, we welcome guests but not wumming wankers who are so far up their own self believing arse they annoy every fucker.
I like you

IMO, because it's not like for like. A lot more is codified rather than opinion of a specific incident.

Rugby is much slower, and rarely moves a long way in a short time - players are always behind the ball so the 50 yard pass doesn't happen, and the officials are usually closer. An obstructing player is really obvious.
Offsides are in line with the ball, not defenders running in the opposite direction. If the ball goes forward, that's enough.

There are less options for a foul challenge that isn't obvious immediately. Most things that would get play stopped are pretty obvious - there isn't the curious concept of the current handball law and whether it was shoulder or arm.

Also, sanctions are more standardised - start at yellow/red and look for why it should be varied. Also, the effect of a yellow card is usually very significant in rugby, and players will avoid them if they can - easier for the ref, and not a lot of playacting to work out.
It works in rugby because it is upfront and honest, all parties are mic'd up, the incident is discussed thoroughly from all angles and a decision given that is rarely wrong.

Football gets it wrong time and time again, with some absolute nonsensical decisions like the Fernandez foul when he stamped on the Villa player but got the decision his way, there is no way on earth anybody that wasn't blatantly cheating could have come up with that decision, as all the angles had shown Fernandez stamping on the Villa defender.

It is bent as fuck and until they are mic'd up the decisions will be manipulated to order.

It works in rugby because it is upfront and honest, all parties are mic'd up, the incident is discussed thoroughly from all angles and a decision given that is rarely wrong.

Football gets it wrong time and time again, with some absolute nonsensical decisions like the Fernandez foul when he stamped on the Villa player but got the decision his way, there is no way on earth anybody that wasn't blatantly cheating could have come up with that decision, as all the angles had shown Fernandez stamping on the Villa defender.

It is bent as fuck and until they are mic'd up the decisions will be manipulated to order.
That's too sensible and factual for 2 people who fumigate (I actually typed dominate but spell check,hey what a bastsrd) will argue for 4 hours.

Every three minutes.

If you truly believe that, then why do you waste your time watching a bent, manipulated sport?
You asked me that question. I gave an honest answer. You decided that didn't fit your narrow, bigoted narrative so you spent post after post trying to belittle my reply then along came the forum var wum and joined in.

The rest, as they say was a waste of time and energy.

You asked me that question. I gave an honest answer. You decided that didn't fit your narrow, bigoted narrative so you spent post after post trying to belittle my reply then along came the forum var wum and joined in.

The rest, as they say was a waste of time and energy.
You did, but contradicted yourself in saying you didn’t watch non-City football anymore, whilst being able to itemise the decisions that went the rags way on the same day.

I get that you don’t like VAR and that it has spoiled your appetite for the game. It seemed silly to lie that you don’t watch other games as you obviously do.

I haven’t asked the poster I replied to before and so am waiting to see if he replies. He probably didn’t need you to jump in for him.

I am still waiting, I think, for someone to answer honestly as to why they think VAR didn’t award Brighton a penalt. I can just about accept the ref having a bad angle despite TV proving otherwise, I can just about accept the liner having a bad view, again despite TV evidence proving otherwise. I can’t accept though why VAR with the benefit of numerous angles still didn’t think a clear error had been made originally. Anyway one more sleep to go, night all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.