VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or tag teaming like Jackie Palio and his mate did all those years ago.
Never mind the rags should have been 3-0 nil down and were gifted a goal for 2-1. Let's spam the thread put pencils up your nose and go la la la.
Eventually Blues on this forum will stop coming on here and then the objective will be achieved.
Me, I'm out.

Last edited:
I don't have an issue with the principal of VAR but in football there always needs to be a consistent application of the rules. We needed VAR because there were dubious offside decisions and blatant failures regarding penalty awards. The system hasn't changed that. I also thought united's goal at the weekend should have been ruled out. It hit the guys arm and went in. It looks like VAR determined that Brighton had enough opportunity to and as it came of Mac Allister and went in they allowed it - it didn't go straight in off the arm. But the fact is it hit the arm before the Brighton scramble which led to the OG.

The rules, for me, need to be completely clarified to cover these controversial situations. Personally, I think context is critical with giving a pen for handball. In the Dias case, it shouldn't be a pen as he was jumping and his arms were in a natural position - the ball was also going nowhere. The trouble is, things start to get very complicated and VAR will struggle to have consistency if you bring in caveats for rules.

I don't have an issue with the principal of VAR but in football there always needs to be a consistent application of the rules. We needed VAR because there were dubious offside decisions and blatant failures regarding penalty awards. The system hasn't changed that. I also thought united's goal at the weekend should have been ruled out. It hit the guys arm and went in. It looks like VAR determined that Brighton had enough opportunity to and as it came of Mac Allister and went in they allowed it - it didn't go straight in off the arm. But the fact is it hit the arm before the Brighton scramble which led to the OG.

The rules, for me, need to be completely clarified to cover these controversial situations. Personally, I think context is critical with giving a pen for handball. In the Dias case, it shouldn't be a pen as he was jumping and his arms were in a natural position - the ball was also going nowhere. The trouble is, things start to get very complicated and VAR will struggle to have consistency if you bring in caveats for rules.
It's impossible to be consistent. Every incident is different. And everyone's interpretation, including amongst refs, is different.

It's down to judgement fair judgement.

Or tag teaming like Jackie Palio and his mate did all those years ago.
Never mind the rags should have been 3-0 nil down and were gifted a goal for 2-1. Let's spam the thread pur pencils up your nose and go la la la.
Eventually Blues on this forum will stop coming on here and then the objective will be achieved.
Me, I'm out.
They still lost.

They get to play Mctominay for their next 3 games.

Whats not to like?

Which is what many have said all along

It’s already vastly improved despite the odd bad decision massively highlighted across social media and forums nowadays

It will always improve but never be perfect and please everyone - that’s life

If there really is biase and corruption it’s far easier to do without VAR
You’ve like a Tory Minister, coming out to defend the indefensible. But to be fair to you BH, you have done a far better job.
However, the lack of transparency, inconsistencies and in some cases clear manipulation (coupled with a supine media) still pisses many off.
I have not a massive evidence bank as I don’t tend to watch other teams but even this season there have been several incidents that can’t be properly explained. Our goal v the dippers was onside from the first time we saw it, No idea why it took so long or what was being said.
I’ve no problem with the Dias penalty. The ref didn’t give it and VAR sent him to the big screen. I don’t know if any advice was given to him but there should not have been. I don’t think we can complain about it.
Fast forward to the McTomjnay and penalty incidents at the Swamp. The original decision had to be overturned ,there was no logical reason not to.
We desperately need to hear exactly what us bring said during VAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.