VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The media are now saying there were less cameras in use for Var in the FA Cup than the League, further they admit every ground had a different number of cameras.
If true it ruins the integrity of Var, the Premier League and the FA. Any decently run professional organisation would have a set number of cameras sited at specified positions so that every ground is equal in its coverage.
You cannot have the situation where Liverpool deliberately have less than other clubs.

But we saw hundreds of missed penalties for handball and everything else pre-VAR, which is partly why VAR was brought in in the first place.

VAR is very far from perfect but there are more correct decisions now than there previously were. That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t demand that it continues to improve or that we get to hear what’s being said of course.

It really is this simple

how anything thinks this view is being a 'wum' i'll never know

some just prefer to live in constant anger and call everything a conspiracy

Nothing, No discussion, no mention in the studio of it being looked at? What was the commentary and studio reaction?

Sorry I really don't know the correct answer.

In view of the way that the dippers are treated by the media whores, plus my cynicism where they are involved, I was only presuming that as usual any such transgressions by their players are just ignored.

In view of the number of times that the dirty **** has pushed players into hoardings, sly fouls, etc without any comment from the pundits ( usually ex-dippers anyway ) I am guessing that nothing was said .

Sorry I really don't know the correct answer.

In view of the way that the dippers are treated by the media whores, plus my cynicism where they are involved, I was only presuming that as usual any such transgressions by their players are just ignored.

In view of the number of times that the dirty **** has pushed players into hoardings, sly fouls, etc without any comment from the pundits ( usually ex-dippers anyway ) I am guessing that nothing was said .
Also my assumption. Shame we can’t bring Andy Morrison back for a game.

It really is this simple

how anything thinks this view is being a 'wum' i'll never know

some just prefer to live in constant anger and call everything a conspiracy

Why anger ?

Frustration at the application of the system I will accept, and I believe that there is no genuine desire from PiGMOL to see transparency in place , which creates the situation where suspicion becomes natural imo.

Of course, such things can always be dismissed as incompetence by some.

Why anger ?

Frustration at the application of the system I will accept, and I believe that there is no genuine desire from PiGMOL to see transparency in place , which creates the situation where suspicion becomes natural imo.

Of course, such things can always be dismissed as incompetence by some.

Anger at VAR/Officials mistakes is fine and fair enough, I feel the same.

Anger towards those that try and bring a bit of balance and objectivity to debate the pros and cons is not right and it ruins the thread - to be fair it's only 1 or 2 on here that try and shut up any opposing views.

Legitimised result manipulation/assistance, and gives almost complete control to Governing bodies. If that's how you want football to go - you must be very happy. The one crumb of satisfaction, will be in around 5 seasons time, when, after all this collusion, referees will be crying about being obsolete and removed from the field of play all together - that's an inevitability, at the moment they are lemmings, or those turkeys that vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.