VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have added a poll at this top of the thread to determine how many active in this thread believe that VAR was designed and implemented solely to benefit Liverpool and United, as you have defined the membership of the "conspiracy brigade".
I don't think Var was designed and implemented to solely benefit the rags and the dippers...

But it sure as hell seems to be a very helpful tool when they need it..
I was in favour of Var when it was being introduced but I fucking hate the way it's implemented.

Officials make mistakes in real time and it's understandable given the speed of the game ..but it's unforgivable that the twats using Var to correct mistakes are still making fuck ups given the technology at their fingertips..

If they can't make the correct decisions using the slow mo cams etc then they are either incompetent or bent.

The jury is out as too which it actually is.

I don’t think it was originally designed to solely favour Liverpool and United but it didn’t take them long to manipulate it in their favour.

I think the game against Chelsea carried on for two minutes before they stopped play to award the handball penalty against Havertz.

Go back a couple of years to its initial implementation and Liverpool score roughly 15 seconds against us after Trent plays basketball in his own box. Deemed a new phase of play, ….bollocks.

How many times have VAR gone back into different phases of play to find a possible foul against a team that have scored against them.

Imagine the outcry if United or Liverpool are dragged out the dressing room to face a penalty that VAR found. Like Brighton had to do.

There are countless others but as long as Sky, BT, BBC and others are infested with rags and dippers it will be allowed to continue unchallenged.

Wolves writing to the FA today asking them to investigate that disgrace of officialdom v Liverpool may be the example that other teams need to follow.

Interesting stats. The same page also report that this represents 109 overturns on 2450 decisions (roughly 1 in 20).
Bare in mind the same official figures were reporting a 96% accuracy rate pre VAR. Which the now say was 82%.... Strange...
Still... 1 overturned decision every 3.5 games equates to 10 a club per season. Significant as you say.
The question is therefore is a subjective one. Is the difference worth it? For some like you, you believe that football is about accuracy then so be it.
For me it has killed the joy of the goal, the stupidity, the frenzy...
I am just glad I was around to celebrate 93.20 at the ground in all its madness without VAR.
No statistics will make me feel any different.
I didn't want to post about it, because I couldn't find a link (though, my memory for data points is usually pretty good), but I could have sworn that prior to VAR the accuracy rate of refereeing decisions was being reported as 90+% for most seasons.

For VAR to work it has to be 100% correct all the time. Theres no point it being right 99% of the time
How can it be? It’s still a human being looking at what happened on a screen. Many incidents are open to interpretation- even when they draw lines to check offside there’s still arguments about using the correct frame/not enough frames/dodgy calls on where a player's sleeve meets his arm

I have added a poll at this top of the thread to determine how many active in this thread believe that VAR was designed and implemented solely to benefit Liverpool and United, as you have defined the membership of the "conspiracy brigade".

Was you expecting nearly half the contributors to this thread to agree it is ?

Was you expecting nearly half the forum to agree it is ?
...11 people have voted 'Yes' and 16 people have voted 'No' since I put the poll up three and a half hours ago.

I mean, I know people think Bluemoon is dominated by a small number of power users but surely we can agree there are more than 27 active users on here?

...11 people have voted 'Yes' and 16 people have voted 'No' since I put the poll up three and a half hours ago.

I mean, I know people think Bluemoon is dominated by a small number of power users but surely we can agree there are more than 27 active users on here?

42% is higher than you expected and also there’s other factors to the conspiracies aside from just benefiting Man U and Liverpool - I was wrong to state ‘solely’ but not wrong to state ‘conspiracy camp’

Those that think VAR is bought into enable corruption and award Liverpool/Man Utd everything and everyone else nothing
its brought in to enable results . its a multi billion pound industry , think about it. rags being off the pace costs them a fortune . we are a fly in the ointment and are treated according .

your team are unaffected as they will never be in the hunt for trophies .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.