VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be 2cm for everyone though. No judgement, no human intervention, and therefore no bias.

They could set it up so one team gets 2.5cm advantage but that's quite ott, but nonetheless possible. But it's a lot less probable than ref bias or cheating.

Sounds good to me. But let's see
They will still be subjectively choosing the frame that they measure it from. All they have to do is roll it backwards or forwards a couple frames and the margin of error is effectively eliminated.

Semi means they can alter the decision dependant on the colour of shirt involved.

It’s proven they don’t have the tech to decide offsides accurately and probably never will die to the way a camera works/FPS.

It suits them to use whatever frame gives them the outcome they want.

Wouldn’t it be easier for ‘’them’’ to scrap VAR and just tell the Lino’s to flag up offsides when they’re clearly on against the teams ‘’they’’ don’t want to win - which presumably is just Man City for some reason

They will still be subjectively choosing the frame that they measure it from. All they have to do is roll it backwards or forwards a couple frames and the margin of error is effectively eliminated.
More than a couple of frames….this system takes data 500 times a second versus the current 50 times…..that’s a lot of ‘winding back’

What’s clear to me is the refs will need to be smarter in their cheating…

More than a couple of frames….this system takes data 500 times a second versus the current 50 times…..that’s a lot of ‘winding back’

What’s clear to me is the refs will need to be smarter in their cheating…
There might be 500 data points per second, but what does that mean for the video frame rate?

VFR is the limiting factor. As far as I'm aware current frame rate is either 24fps or 30fps. I know you can get high frame rate cameras, but the higher the frame rate, the more light you need so you either have to bump up the ISO (which comes with its own issues), or massively increase the light levels which is impractical. Also, once you start getting into 60fps territory you start getting into big data issues.

The current margin of error can be in the region of cm, not mm one frame to the next for a forward player running at top speed.

So quicker and more accurate!!!
Thereby acknowledging it has not been accurate in the past....
You are either accurate or not. Making more accurate doesn't make it accurate either.

The term Semi automatic also fills me with dread. Goal line tech is automatic.... What is the semi bit refering to?
Ah goal line tech. Isn't it wonderful, except when the whole world can see that the ball has crossed the line but the ref refused to give it because his monitor hadn't bleeped. Wasn't it the goalkeeper was in the way so the technology didn't work.?

The sensor in the ball SHOULD guarantee that the point at which the ball is touched (change in momentum) is accurate and therefore the time at which offside is calculated is accurate to 1/50th if a second. A footballer running at pace (30 kph) can travel @0.167m, Walker at 32 Kph a bit further @0.178m. So let's hope they take into account the pace of runners.

Last edited:
Ah goal line tech. Isn't it wonderful, except when the whole world can see that the ball has crossed the line but the ref refused to give it because his monitor hadn't bleeped. Wasn't it the goalkeeper was in the way so the technology didn't work.?

Would you scrap goal line tech ?

I'm here to say fuck VAR.

It's the equivalent of a woman telling you youre "doing it wrong". Maybe it's fairer, but it's a damn sight less enjoyable.

I'm here to say fuck VAR.

It's the equivalent of a woman telling you youre "doing it wrong". Maybe it's fairer, but it's a damn sight less enjoyable.
When you say a woman telling you you're doing it wrong....
Please explain as no woman has ever said that to me.....
'What the fuck do you mean you've cum' followed by 'already', yes, but never you are doing it wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.