VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
They hinted at it on Motd, VAR has brought these microscopic decisions, it's brought confusion on what the rules are.

Yesterday's decision was a good example of it, even though VAR was not used. They have exploded the analysis of every decision to the point where they are confused over what the rules are.

Before var that decision yesterday was simple, now with VAR they've got to look into the never-ending rabbit hole of "what actually is offside". They're confused.....
"What actually is handball"
"What is actually a foul"
"What is actually offside" (I never thought I would see that question! )
"Where does the phase of play start or finish"
"what is actually a penalty"

We knew all the answers to that before VAR, it was a judgement from the ref! Sometimes he got it wrong. But they would never get it as wrong as is now.

They need to take a step back with VAR, roll it back to the point where its doing what it's supposed to do - stop injustice. But it's creating more controversy than it was meant to stop.

It's not going to take "the right people" to run it because it's producing this confusion over simple rules wherever it is being used. We're all angrier than we were before. Crazy crazy.

And remember, it was brought in to actually stop the injustices of that decision yesterday.... right!

They hinted at it on Motd, VAR has brought these microscopic decisions, it's brought confusion on what the rules are.

Yesterday's decision was a good example of it, even though VAR was not used. They have exploded the analysis of every decision to the point where they are confused over what the rules are.

Before var that decision yesterday was simple, now with VAR they've got to look into the never-ending rabbit hole of "what actually is offside". They're confused.....
"What actually is handball"
"What is actually a foul"
"What is actually offside" (I never thought I would see that question! )
"Where does the phase of play start or finish"
"what is actually a penalty"

We knew all the answers to that before VAR, it was a judgement from the ref! Sometimes he got it wrong. But they would never get it as wrong as is now.

They need to take a step back with VAR, roll it back to the point where its doing what it's supposed to do - stop injustice. But it's creating more controversy than it was meant to stop.

It's not going to take "the right people" to run it because it's producing this confusion over simple rules wherever it is being used. We're all angrier than we were before. Crazy crazy.

And remember, it was brought in to actually stop the injustices of that decision yesterday.... right!
I thought VAR was automatically involved for all goals, which begs the question why wasn't it yesterday?

Only just properly seen a replay of the equiliser (was at the game yesterday) - can't see how is isn't atleast slightly affecting the decision making of the defenders and keeper.

Seems pretty nonsensical to me.

I'm sure this has been answered but who actually awarded the goal, the ref or VAR?

Another huge failing that the 75k in the stadium are the least informed people on the planet............

Last edited:
The posters who come on here telling us how good VAR is and how the match experience has improved can't really respond to results like yesterday's farce if they will not accept that VAR cannot operate properly due to the fact that :-

1) the PL are in control of PiGMOL

2 ) PiGMOL do not have to answer for/ explain or make transparent to supporters how their decisions are arrived at

3) that because the rags and dippers having the biggest numbers of fans increases the pressure to ensure that they are afforded the " benefit of the doubt " wherever possible in order to sell the " product ".

They will obviously claim that anybody holding the above opinions are of course wrong, cynical and biased.

I couldn’t stomach even talking about it yesterday never mind watching replays but I’ve just tentatively turned Sky on and they’re straight into it. Three ex players in the studio all in agreement it’s off. Had a glance at Twitter earlier and saw Glenn Hoddle and Keith Hackett both think it’s off. They’ve just shown a snippet from a Luke Shaw interview and without going as far as actually saying it, he clearly thinks it’s off.

Seems to be a consensus rarely seen on any controversial decision. The pity is that the linesman is one of the best in the world and also thought it was off. But the referee thought differently and he’s the one that counts, unfortunately in this instance.

I couldn’t stomach even talking about it yesterday never mind watching replays but I’ve just tentatively turned Sky on and they’re straight into it. Three ex players in the studio all in agreement it’s off. Had a glance at Twitter earlier and saw Glenn Hoddle and Keith Hackett both think it’s off. They’ve just shown a snippet from a Luke Shaw interview and without going as far as actually saying it, he clearly thinks it’s off.

Seems to be a consensus rarely seen on any controversial decision. The pity is that the linesman is one of the best in the world and also thought it was off. But the referee thought differently and he’s the one that counts, unfortunately in this instance.

Which is exactly why he should be removed from officiating and questioned as to how he came to that conclusion .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.