VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I am a dimwit, but was var actually used on the obvious offside? I thought i read on bbc it was but others say not.
I can't abide watching it again for myself.

I know I am a dimwit, but was var actually used on the obvious offside? I thought i read on bbc it was but others say not.
I can't abide watching it again for myself.

I’ve only seen it once just now but the referee is clearly talking to someone immediately before he points to the centre circle. As the linesman is only a couple of feet away from him at the time, it’s probably safe to assume he’s communicating with the VAR.

I’ve only seen it once just now but the referee is clearly talking to someone immediately before he points to the centre circle. As the linesman is only a couple of feet away from him at the time, it’s probably safe to assume he’s communicating with the VAR.
With the comm's being shrouded in the upmost security you can't be safe in assuming anything.

I couldn’t stomach even talking about it yesterday never mind watching replays but I’ve just tentatively turned Sky on and they’re straight into it. Three ex players in the studio all in agreement it’s off. Had a glance at Twitter earlier and saw Glenn Hoddle and Keith Hackett both think it’s off. They’ve just shown a snippet from a Luke Shaw interview and without going as far as actually saying it, he clearly thinks it’s off.

Seems to be a consensus rarely seen on any controversial decision. The pity is that the linesman is one of the best in the world and also thought it was off. But the referee thought differently and he’s the one that counts, unfortunately in this instance.

They say they think it's off side lol no it was off side

i don't think yesterdays game was reffed by the onfield wanker, there always seemed to be a delay before he made a decision
Exactly.

That "foul" on Antony, where he gave nothing (as it wasn't a foul), but at the moment when we gained controlled possession (we ALWAYS had possession in this example, there was NO chance that he was waiting to see if there was an advantage to letting the "foul" go) and turned to look up-field, he suddenly blew for a foul and gave them a free-kick.

The whole match was full of this sort of shit decisions.

Biased match management at its finest by the corrupt PiGMol twats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.