VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to see from the away end but Foden was away twice with what looked tight offside decisions both times flag instantly goes up before he had a chance to play the ball, over to Rashford who's clearly offside definitely moves towards the ball shock no flag until the ball is in the net.Don't really know why I'm surprised.
The first one, Foden was offside as much as Rashford was for the goal. The second one was a toenail at best.

Hard to see from the away end but Foden was away twice with what looked tight offside decisions both times flag instantly goes up before he had a chance to play the ball, over to Rashford who's clearly offside definitely moves towards the ball shock no flag until the ball is in the net.Don't really know why I'm surprised.

This is just muddying the waters. A delayed flag is for “When an immediate goal scoring opportunity is likely to occur.”

Neither of the two Foden offsides came remotely close to satisfying that criteria.

Weekend to weekend there’s an issue with VAR yet you continue to support it. Gallagher on VAR said today VAR couldn’t intervene in a decision he said was wrong. I ask you then if the fucking thing can’t be used to correct wrong decisions what’s it’s purpose?

Because it gets less wrong decisions than before and has a chance to constantly evolve and improve - that’s why.

Take away Var you honestly don’t think we’d have the same uproar about refs decisions, corruption etc ? Would be even more so now we know refs would have got the correct verdict had they had a second chance to look.

Scrap VAR for all I care , I’m not fussed, I don’t have a say.

I just know how bad officials and refs are without tech help and VAR exposes them on a weekly basis (I do take in account officials have a tough job, surrounded by cheating players and hostile crowds appealing everything)

Because it gets less wrong decisions than before and has a chance to constantly evolve and improve - that’s why.

Take away Var you honestly don’t think we’d have the same uproar about refs decisions, corruption etc ? Would be even more so now we know refs would have got the correct verdict had they had a second chance to look.

I just know how bad officials and refs are without tech help and VAR exposes them on a weekly basis (I do take in account officials have a tough job, surrounded by cheating players and hostile crowds appealing everything)

Are you for real ?

"It gets less wrong decisions than before" really?

My team has just been on the end of one of the most blatant cheating refereeing decisions since VAR was implemented and you come on here saying it needs to be given more time to improve and evolve..

You just know "how bad officials and refs are without tech help" do you..?

Well they had all the tech help they required on Saturday at the swamp and managed to fcuk us over royally..

It's not all about City though, Wolves were fucked over at Anfield, not once but twice..

VAR needs to be given more time to evolve and improve does it ?

It's clearly not fit for purpose, has no accountability, no consistency in its decision making and is wide open to manipulation but it'll do for you..

Once again you have surpassed yourself in spouting complete bollocks on here..!

Last edited:

VAR has led to incessant rule changes to try to make the tech work that’s only made the game worse and officiating worse. You continually concede that VAR doesn’t work yet say it’s improved things. That’s just contrary.

I love the concept of VAR. Correct mistakes in refereeing.

It's obviously a work-in-progress... but VAR is slowly making the game better - by eliminating human judgement/mistakes. How might this improve radically in the near future - AI. AI could make initial calls - and then humans might intervene for a final say-so. Eventually AI will become better - by far - and make almost no mistakes - on calls. And it will be instantaneous and without unnecessary delay. This coming to you within the next 10 years.
Unfortunately I have to disagree. Not with the principle that sounds great. But ai is only as good as the data you train it with.

Let's say that for the sake of the example that United and Liverpool have an unconscious bias in their favour (legacy, managers who play the system corruption is not relevent) an ai trained with data (not subjective info outside the game) has to draw it's own conclusions about the rules.
What's the common factor between the teams?
They're in the North of England?
They share a city with another team?
They play in red?
Ai not made with care could start favouring teams playing in red that share a city, congratulations arsenal you now get the benefit of the doubt.
Or maybe us when playing away in a black and red kit...
I'm exaggerating for effect but most software is written to a deadline or lowest cost basis. And for example the company (pigmob) who don't care enough about teams or fans to open up communication about how they get to their moon logic decisions (live mic open reviews of games etc) are not going to care enough to train an ai properly .

their constant changing of the lotg rather than fixing the main problem being their implementation of them being inconsistent game to game ref to ref minute to minute...

Thanks for coming to me ted talk.

Are you for real ?

My team has just been on the end of one of the most blatant cheating refereeing decisions since VAR was implemented and you come on here saying it needs to be given more time to improve and evolve..

Well they had all the tech help they required on Saturday at the swamp and managed to fcuk us over royally..

It's not all about City though, Wolves were fucked over at Anfield, not once but twice..

It's clearly not fit for purpose, has no accountability, no consistency in its decision making and is wide open to manipulation but it'll do for you..

It’s not var that’s the problem it’s the cheats who are running it

It’s not var that’s the problem it’s the cheats who are running it

Maybe they're not cheats, maybe they are just following orders..

Who and what is a Match Commander and what influence does this person have when VAR is called upon ?

Maybe VAR is actually doing the job it was brought in to do after all.

Until VAR gets opened up to scrutiny and transparency and the people who are making the decisions are made to explain how and why they have arrived at the said decisions then this will always be the major issue.

There is no trust and as with everything in life, if there's no trust, you're fcuked..

And we were well fcuked over on Saturday..!

Are you for real ?

Yes.

Yes, that is a statistical fact

Yes, unfortunately we'll never have a system in place that will 100% get every decision correct and please everyone. We do have a system in place that allows a ref a second look, that can spot clear and obvious decisions the refs would have missed otherwise. Will always have big controversial moments when the ref and VAR both get it completely wrong - it shouldn't happen, it's frustrating, but it always will.

With just a ref and couple of lino's then the increase of wrong/farcical decisions is on a much higher scale

Yes, I've witnessed football pre and with VAR, without tech help some games were farcical and the decisions ridiculous

check this pre VAR match out that someone posted a couple weeks ago and tell me you were happier ? it was like this for a lot of games back then.

also, I would like to clarify 'bad' - for some games, refs are under severe pressure from players, fans etc. and they have to deal with cheating/diving, fractional split second decisions - It was becoming pretty impossible for refs hence the need for tech help.

They really did, completely farcical - was clearly offside and interfering

the dickhead ref was swayed by players reaction saying Rashford wasn't interfering and overruled the Lino and didn't go to VAR either - completely infuriating even for a neutral

also on the same day, Brentford getting that penalty awarded when it was Toney grabbing hold of the defender - the ref got completely played and again didn't go to VAR - there's no agenda/conspiracy here - it's just bad officiating even with VAR right there for him to have a look

Agreed they was, not having correct cameras in place - which also happened AGAINST Liverpool earlier the season at Arsenal is something they have to get right.

It proves why we need VAR as the Linos left on thereselves get it wrong

West Ham have had a few really bad ref/VAR go against us also

But it has really helped correct injustice calls which many forget -

Cresswell having a ball smash in his face was awarded a penalty by the ref (VAR overturned)
Likewise Bowen getting completly wiped out and the ref gave a goal kick (VAR overturned)

It's decisions like these which don't get a mention where it's hard to argue against VAR

Yes personally for me.

It's perfectly fine for others to have a different view (something you should learn)

Whatever I say will be met by a few permanently and desperately wanting to be outraged on a forum - I even agreed how bad that offside decision was and was still quoted by a few thinking I was saying it was the correct decision - also the recent poll that 44% on here think VAR was 'SOLELY' set up to benefit Man Utd and Liverpool is just hilarious

So once again, I bow out, there is little point trying to have a rational debate with the likes of you that just want to scream and shout corruption and get abusive. It's a waste of time.

You can tag me in the next 'controversial' incident that WILL happen. I wont bother responding on here.

Have a good one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.