VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stick to fifa then?
To me - it's not about FIFA or UEFA or whatever.

It's about an instantaneous, fair, impartial ruling entity - eliminating all human interaction and indeed possibility of bias -coupled with transparency and replays to reaffirm decisions.

AI driven decisions is going to take center stage - 10 years from now, most decisions will be AI-directed for the good of the game.

Yes, and I don’t think a single person was not celebrating as much as they would have done at any pre VAR game.
Not sure I could handle having your superpower. Reckon I would struggle if I had complete access and understanding of everyone’s thoughts, even infrequently. Especially if it was during collectively heightened stress and emotions.

It would be overwhelming.

How do you manage it?

Not sure I could handle having your superpower. Reckon I would struggle if I had complete access and understanding of everyone’s thoughts, even infrequently. Especially if it was during collectively heightened stress and emotions.

It would be overwhelming.

How do you manage it?

Do you have a point on the subject other than trying to be a smart arse?

Have you never used an expression like… Everyone went mad, without first personally asking “everyone”?

Do you have a point on the subject other than trying to be a smart arse?

Have you never used an expression like… Everyone went mad, without first personally asking “everyone”?
I have, but I wasn’t repeatedly claiming (with increasing assertiveness) that I knew the thoughts of everyone in a stadium when a goal went in.

I have, but I wasn’t repeatedly claiming (with increasing assertiveness) that I knew the thoughts of everyone in a stadium when a goal went in.

What’s your beef mate? I gave an honest assessment that “everyone” was going mental when City scored, to counter someone’s argument that nobody celebrates anymore with VAR. Not sure why you’re been such a dick over a simple post that wasn’t even addressed to you?

To me - it's not about FIFA or UEFA or whatever.

It's about an instantaneous, fair, impartial ruling entity - eliminating all human interaction and indeed possibility of bias -coupled with transparency and replays to reaffirm decisions.

AI driven decisions is going to take center stage - 10 years from now, most decisions will be AI-directed for the good of the game.
I meant fifa as in the video game.

What’s your beef mate? I gave an honest assessment that “everyone” was going mental when City scored, to counter someone’s argument that nobody celebrates anymore with VAR. Not sure why you’re been such a dick over a simple post that wasn’t even addressed to you?
What are you on about???
I was merely highlighting hyperbole from someone that regularly denounces hyperbole.

Hadn’t realised doing that now makes one a ‘dick’. I’ll note that for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.