VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has to be an immediate goal scoring opportunity i.e. Kev plays a ball through the middle for Erl to run on to on the edge of the box with no defender in sight. If the liner thinks it is a tight call then the flag should stay down. In Foden's case I think both balls (I may be wrong) were sent out wide, some distance from the goal and therefore there wasn't an immediate goal scoring opportunity.
I have to disagree there.I’d say that if Kev plays a ball through to Haaland,and it is a tight call,the linesman’s flag is up in a flash and the play is halted for a free kick to them.Potentially a good attack nipped in the bud straight away,with no questions asked.Everyone else gets what they want and nothing to see here….This is what we are up against but only we can see…..

180-ADCD8-6026-4495-8-C96-2-EBE74239412.jpg
Horrendous decision aside, this picture just reinforces my opinion that Rashford is thick as mince as a footballer and VASTLY over-rated.

Yes.

Yes, that is a statistical fact

Yes, unfortunately we'll never have a system in place that will 100% get every decision correct and please everyone. We do have a system in place that allows a ref a second look, that can spot clear and obvious decisions the refs would have missed otherwise. Will always have big controversial moments when the ref and VAR both get it completely wrong - it shouldn't happen, it's frustrating, but it always will.

With just a ref and couple of lino's then the increase of wrong/farcical decisions is on a much higher scale

Yes, I've witnessed football pre and with VAR, without tech help some games were farcical and the decisions ridiculous

check this pre VAR match out that someone posted a couple weeks ago and tell me you were happier ? it was like this for a lot of games back then.

also, I would like to clarify 'bad' - for some games, refs are under severe pressure from players, fans etc. and they have to deal with cheating/diving, fractional split second decisions - It was becoming pretty impossible for refs hence the need for tech help.

They really did, completely farcical - was clearly offside and interfering

the dickhead ref was swayed by players reaction saying Rashford wasn't interfering and overruled the Lino and didn't go to VAR either - completely infuriating even for a neutral

also on the same day, Brentford getting that penalty awarded when it was Toney grabbing hold of the defender - the ref got completely played and again didn't go to VAR - there's no agenda/conspiracy here - it's just bad officiating even with VAR right there for him to have a look

Agreed they was, not having correct cameras in place - which also happened AGAINST Liverpool earlier the season at Arsenal is something they have to get right.

It proves why we need VAR as the Linos left on thereselves get it wrong

West Ham have had a few really bad ref/VAR go against us also

But it has really helped correct injustice calls which many forget -

Cresswell having a ball smash in his face was awarded a penalty by the ref (VAR overturned)
Likewise Bowen getting completly wiped out and the ref gave a goal kick (VAR overturned)

It's decisions like these which don't get a mention where it's hard to argue against VAR

Yes personally for me.

It's perfectly fine for others to have a different view (something you should learn)

Whatever I say will be met by a few permanently and desperately wanting to be outraged on a forum - I even agreed how bad that offside decision was and was still quoted by a few thinking I was saying it was the correct decision - also the recent poll that 44% on here think VAR was 'SOLELY' set up to benefit Man Utd and Liverpool is just hilarious

So once again, I bow out, there is little point trying to have a rational debate with the likes of you that just want to scream and shout corruption and get abusive. It's a waste of time.

You can tag me in the next 'controversial' incident that WILL happen. I wont bother responding on here.

Have a good one.

Basically and predictably, VAR once again fcuked up big time.

The ref on Saturday made a huge 'clear and obvious error' ..

VAR was sold to one and all as the tool to correct such errors, ensuring fairness would prevail and confirming all would be well with the world..

No so, it appears. City were cheated on Saturday just like Wolves had been the week earlier.

Just to be perfectly clear here, the incorrect decisions given in these two, stand alone games were not marginal, difficult to call, fell into a grey area or could be classed as subjective whilst trying to interpret the rules of the game.

There was absolutely no excuse for VAR to give them... but it did..

Stop hiding behind 'there will always be bad ref / VAR calls'..

These weren't bad calls, these were the match officials cheating and having an unchallenged input in manipulating the result ..

You say that you have witnessed football before and with VAR, so have I.

I've been watching City since the mid '70's and I can still remember Alf fkin Grey stitching us up against the dippers, ruling out a perfectly good Kevin Reeves goal in '81..

The ****..!

From your username, I'm assuming you were born in '85 so again, I'm assuming that you started to watch games in the early, mid 90's.

However I may be wrong as I've seen your photo on here and I must say you look at least 20 years older than the 37-38 years old that would make you, anyway I'm digressing..

The rags v arsenal game, reffed by Mike Riley was played in 2004..

Shocking display of bias but you posting a game from nealy 2 decades ago doesn't really justify the virtues of VAR in it's current form today.

Oh and I'm calling bollocks on your statement that this particular game was like 'a lot of games back then'

Name me some more that were as bad back then to back your statement up ..!

To quote you again on another of your statements..

'It proves why we need VAR as the Lino's left on thereselves*
( *your English, not mine btw) get it wrong..

I think you'll find that the lino correctly raised his flag on Saturday only for the ref to overrule him.

The all singing and dancing VAR apparently didn't get involved and by not doing so basically played their part in assisting the rags a goal..

Again, you cannot defend that by hiding behind 'there will always be controversial decisions where VAR and the referee mess up'..

It's just not good enough..!

These recent calls dished out by VAR are beyond scandalous..!

Video technology works perfectly well in cricket, rugby league, union and tennis...

You have to ask yourself why VAR doesn't want to be seen to operate with the same transparency and openness?

Then again, maybe you don't as it appears to be perfectly clear why it wants to remain unaccountable..

VAR was sold to one and all as the tool to correct such errors, ensuring fairness would prevail and confirming all would be well with the world..

No so, it appears. City were cheated on Saturday just like Wolves had been the week earlier.

Just to be perfectly clear here, the incorrect decisions given in these two, stand alone games were not marginal, difficult to call, fell into a grey area or could be classed as subjective whilst trying to interpret the rules of the game.

These weren't bad calls, these were the match officials cheating and having an unchallenged input in manipulating the result ..

I've been watching City since the mid '70's and I can still remember Alf fkin Grey stitching us up against the dippers, ruling out a perfectly good Kevin Reeves goal in '81..

The ****..!

From your username, I'm assuming you were born in '85 so again, I'm assuming that you started to watch games in the early, mid 90's.

However I may be wrong as I've seen your photo on here and I must say you look at least 20 years older than the 37-38 years old that would make you, anyway I'm digressing..

Shocking display of bias but you posting a game from nealy 2 decades ago doesn't really justify the virtues of VAR in it's current form today.

Oh and I'm calling bollocks on your statement that this particular game was like 'a lot of games back then'

I think you'll find that the lino correctly raised his flag on Saturday only for the ref to overrule him.

The all singing and dancing VAR apparently didn't get involved and by not doing so basically played their part in assisting the rags a goal..

Again, you cannot defend that by hiding behind 'there will always be controversial decisions where VAR and the referee mess up'..

Video technology works perfectly well in cricket, rugby league, union and tennis...

You have to ask yourself why VAR doesn't want to be seen to operate with the same transparency and openness?

Then again, maybe you don't as it appears to be perfectly clear why it wants to remain unaccountable..
You think Mark looks 57 or 58? I think you need your eyes testing

The ****..!

Solid rant that ;-)

And Rashfords did? Him being just a few yds into the City half.

Well he clearly wasn’t just a few yards in City’s half. But anyway, if the linesman had got his initial thoughts wrong and Rashford was onside, then he had a clear run at goal from a central position, with just the ‘keeper to beat. So yes, it was by any reasonable person’s opinion, an immediate goal scoring opportunity, if he’d been onside. Which is a textbook example of a linesman using the delayed flag as it’s intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.