VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
All you need to do is watch a game of rugby and see the Video Ref come into play, converse with the onfield officials, talk through his decision making process and come to a decision, and you sit back and think ‘why the fuck is football not like this?’
I don’t watch rugby mate but out of interest, how often do the crowd etc think they got it right and are ok with it ?

Obviously (I like to think) that the officials still had ‘the conversation’ about Rashford but still came to the conclusion that he didn’t affect play, which was clearly wrong, I’m not convinced us hearing their (bullshit) reasoning will be of any help, if anything, I’d be inclined to think it would actually incite the crowd in many cases, it’s not like we’re going to change their minds.

All you need to do is watch a game of rugby and see the Video Ref come into play, converse with the onfield officials, talk through his decision making process and come to a decision, and you sit back and think ‘why the fuck is football not like this?’
Because it's bent or the officials are so incompetent they are scared of their 'reasoning' being made public.

I did this post on another thread but it’s probably more appropriate for this one:

They aren’t opening up the communication between the referee, linesman and VAR for public consumption. What they are doing is having the referee announce the reason for VAR decisions to stadium and TV audiences.

It’s a welcome first step but not quite the huge act of transparency that people have been calling for.

For example if Saturday’s game had been part of the trial, I imagine the announcement would have been something along the lines of:

“The player in an off side position was not interfering with play or an opponent. Therefore the decision is a goal.”

Edit. I’ve just read that the announcements will only be made when VAR has overturned an on field decision. So in Saturday’s case there wouldn’t have been any announcement.
Which is unacceptable, in 40 years that was the most corrupt interpretation of the LOtG I have seen. For VAR not to intervene can only mean the product is corrupt!

Meanwhile in Glasgow, exactly FIVE minutes lapsed between a handball incident in the Morton penalty area and Celtic taking their penalty. VAR is killing football.
That wasn’t even a penalty, yet a blatant ten yard offside goal is ignored! WTAF
Referees and VAR are using this confusion as an extra opportunity to manage the game and results

.... and yes I am still very angry, disappointed and disgusted at the Referee giving a match changing free goal for United and that we are being refereed differently. Our players shouldn’t be fair game for dangerous play

Why should we have to beat the opposition and the referee team every match. This reminds me a lot of the time when Danny Murphy and other pundits (Carragheeeeer again doing this) said the best way to defend and play against City is to put a foot in and injure the player. The referees were at that time allowing reckless challenges on our players and it was a miracle that Kev, Sterling, Gundogan and Sane never received career threatening injuries.
There is currently a very dangerous narrative at large, I believe the fans and the club (not Pep as he’d not allowed) should be speaking out much more about the injustices and the endangerment of our players due to the cunning collaboration between the media and referees.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.