VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole thing is a pig's breakfast.

Too much subjectivity on the one hand making calls inexplicable to the fan, too much precision on the other hand leading to offences that no fan can see in real time and too much inconsistency between offences. And, of course, too many hopeless referees.

How many examples do you want from one incident? Let's choose one. Oh yes, Fernandes' goal at the weekend. Akanji sees Rashford moving off side and traps him perfectly a yard offside and so is behind him when no flag. But did Rashford affect Akanji at all? Naaah. Walker has to try to cover Rashford, leaving Fernandes. But did Rashford affect Walker at all? Naah. Ederson has to position himself for a Rashford shot. But did Rashford affect Ederson at all? You shepherd the ball out of play and as long as the ball is in reach, you have control. No obstruction. But does Rashford have control of the ball when he runs with it in reach when he is offside? Naah. And the crowning turd in the water tank, if Ederson comes out to meet Rashford and slices a clearance then Rashford is onside again. It's insane. I swear if I hear anything about subjectivity or protocol again my head will explode.

It's all just a big fucking mess.
My old man used to say, 'pigs ear of it' ..

The officials hid behind the ‘he didn’t touch it therefore he wasn’t interfering with play’ monica. I can’t for the life of me think why.

POLL RESULTS

Would VAR be substantially improved by live officiating team comms being made available to fans?​

• Yes

Votes: 288 | 91.7%
  • No​

Votes: 26 | 8.3%

• Total voters 314
All you need to do is watch a game of rugby and see the Video Ref come into play, converse with the onfield officials, talk through his decision making process and come to a decision, and you sit back and think ‘why the fuck is football not like this?’

Just read about some FIFA suits on another junket somewhere or other discussing the rules, ,small changes to concussion rules etc., but decided offside rule was ok .So either the farce against the D/S was accepted to be wrong or they want to leave it as ambiguous as poss. for future use.

Just read about some FIFA suits on another junket somewhere or other discussing the rules, ,small changes to concussion rules etc., but decided offside rule was ok .So either the farce against the D/S was accepted to be wrong or they want to leave it as ambiguous as poss. for future use.
Ambiguity serves a particular purpose - you can choose whatever result you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.