VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't keep digging as clearly no one will agree on this

but he could easily have turned a blind eye, told the opposition player to get up, booked them both etc - would be laughable referring but that's what it was like pre VAR
Yeah I can get that slightly,but the ref had a nailed on view on this even if there had been no VAR he was bang to rights,be interesting now to see when he’s back and which team he’s up against they’ll be targeting him from the first minute,I know that’s what I’d be doing..

Lol. You have said according to the Laws of The Game. Quote them. I'm happy to be educated.

"DERMOT SAYS: I think the VAR should intervene. I'm not sure the referee has seen it, I think he looks down but I think he does it instinctively. I think he watches the flight of the ball. He does look down, but I think it has already happened. The VAR has the perfect look. As soon as I saw it, I said, 'I think he is going to get a red card here, he's pulled him down by the hair'. I anticipated the VAR sending Anthony Taylor to the screen. I know for a fact that if Anthony had been sent to the screen, he would have given a red card and a free-kick to Chelsea."

The oracle has spoken.

"DERMOT SAYS: I think the VAR should intervene. I'm not sure the referee has seen it, I think he looks down but I think he does it instinctively. I think he watches the flight of the ball. He does look down, but I think it has already happened. The VAR has the perfect look. As soon as I saw it, I said, 'I think he is going to get a red card here, he's pulled him down by the hair'. I anticipated the VAR sending Anthony Taylor to the screen. I know for a fact that if Anthony had been sent to the screen, he would have given a red card and a free-kick to Chelsea."

The oracle has spoken.
I mentioned the Martin Samuel's piece in the Mail earlier. This is one of the examples he uses to show that VAR and the officials using it are not fit for purpose.

The oracle has spoken.

It's a strange one.
You'd think that pulling hair deliberately would have been decreed as to punishment - either always yellow, or always red. They haven't presumably.
In that one, VAR can only send Taylor to the screen if it's recommending red. As there is no way they can have missed it, logically, VAR must have deemed it "not red".
Which in itself is pretty baffling - hold someone by the neck? red. Put bloke in headlock and pull him to the floor? you'd think red. Pull someone to the floor by the hair? Not a red.

Maybe the pair of you should take heed, the same two names prattling on right through the thread, arguing against people who have a different opinion than yourselves.

You act like a tag team attacking folk.

Tits indeed.
Yup, that's the reason. Bluealf knows his stuff. Blocked, so I do miss that kind of insight in the future.

Would you scrap VAR completely and just go back to refs/officials only ?
Most people on this thread other than you and one other seem to miss the point. VAR in its current format isn't what fans were promised and isn't being used correctly. If used correctly then it's great. First thing that needs to happen is all conversations should be heard in full as they are in rugby and cricket so that people know what is happening. Incidents also need to be put on the screens so fans know what is being looked at and so they can be kept informed. A condition of playing in the Premier must be that all clubs have at least two large screens so all fans wherever they are sat in the stadium can see clearly all replays. If that means certain clubs have to have smaller capacities to accommodate then so be it and it also means that promoted clubs need to have screens for the start of the season. The offside situation where we are measuring armpit hair length is ridiculous and the technology needs to be in place to judge if someone is 1cm offside or not, currently it isn't. The game requires consistency throughout and fans, players etc all need to understand why decisions are being made. Why for instance did VAR ignore the hair pull on Cucurella or not give Brighton a penalty. No point so called pundits moaning about it for days after guessing as to why it has happened, we need answers from the people who made the original calls.

Everyone on here, well City fans, think Martin Samuel's is an excellent journalist.
Today he has trashed, no ridiculed VAR. He says it is not fit for purpose.

No doubt a blue and another poster will be along to tell us why he is wrong. After all they spend half their day telling City fans they are.
Been saying it isn't fit for purpose since day one, although Martin Samuels probably put it better that I could.

Its biggest flaw is that certain most decisions are open to interpretation and because the process is not transparent it could be open to influence from TV companies and others linked in to the Stockley Park feed. This leaves it WIDE OPEN to corruption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.