VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted for "No change."

I'm a huge proponent for VAR - but it's got a long, long way to go.

Officials not being able to call offsides immediately is a huge issue. Another huge issue - every time a goal is scored there's doubt - is it going to be called off by VAR? - is it really a goal - a nervous celebration at best.\

Eventually VAR will improve to eliminate these concerns - it will be obvious, transparent, replays showing why calls were made will be instantly available, and the game will be better for it.

Right now - VAR is a technology in infancy - and is in much need of improvement.
How will it ever remove human judgement? If it doesn’t (and I don’t see how it can) it’s pointless.

The poll should ask if there are more correct decisions now, post VAR implementation, or fewer.
That’s a separate question, which can be a separate poll.

Though, I am not sure much would be learned by a poll for a largely empirical question.

I suppose gauging the perception would be interesting, especially in the context of the last few weeks of VAR interventions (or lack there of).

It will never work when it's mate's checking out each others mistakes.
You scratch my back and I will scratch yours.

But pretending a mate hasn’t made a fuck up and telling him he’s right, isn’t really scratching his back. It’s magnifying his ( and your ) mistake.

That’s a separate question, which can be a separate poll.

Though, I am not sure much would be learned by a poll for a largely empirical question.

I suppose gauging the perception would be interesting, especially in the context of the last few weeks of VAR interventions (or lack there of).
I just feel it’s the more important question. Whilst I’d prefer the bloke in the middle to get everything correct first time, I’m much more bothered about the correct decision being given in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.