VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
That city game tonight.... straight forward, no stop start.

Lovely without var. I know we won and if I was a Bristol fan I would have wanted var to look at that Rico Lewis pen.

But, at the end of the day var wouldn't necessarily have given it... Its still 50/50. In fact VAR could well have got involved in lots of things, introducing uneeded decision making. But it wasn't, the game flowed well, there wasn't controversy. The ref made 1 or 2 mistakes things, but there again so does VAR.

Maybe VAR is a load of hot air.

Hard to argue with any of that, really.

Cheers Blue Mist. No such thing as a match commander as people perceive it. Simply there to ensure the technology is working and able to give all the angles etc. It's then up to whichever VAR official is on duty to refer to the ref if he believes it needs reviewing.
So this single individual is essentially in charge of what the camera angles the referee is able to see?

Lets say for instance that camera '4' shows a definitive angle of a handball, and this person in charge (or command), relays to the video assistant referee that camera '4' is inoperative despite that not being the case (essentially lying). Where is the audit-able process to confirm or refute camera '4' being inoperative at the time of the incident? Because as far as I see it, there isn't one. We are forced to take the PGMOL at their word.

The ideal candidate for a VAR official is a person who doesn't have any ties in professional football or hasn't worked as a match official or at PGMOL.

Last edited:
The ideal candidate for a VAR official is a person who doesn't have any ties in professional football or hasn't worked as a match official or at PGMOL.
I am available for all games unless they clash with City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.