VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing we can not let happen is to get rid of VAR. without it ‘cheating/manipulation’ would be so much easier to do.
We need transparency - cameras and mics in the Ops rooms of Stockley Park - and let the fans see how decisions are made. And make it LIVE , maybe an option on the red button.
What are these fuckers so afraid of what we might witness? A rhetorical question - I think we know what the answer is
You say don't scrap Var but what is the point of it ?
Ignore the decisions discussed here already, what about the shirt pull towards the end ? I can understand a ref missing it live but Var reviewed it and didn't give it.
We are no better with it and it just gives them an extra level to cheat.

Corruption in plain sight at our game yesterday when they decided to look at offside for Grealish in the build up to the goal. He was that far onside that they had to remove the lines pronto for fear of embarrassment.
One second view on the replay and you could see he was miles onside. Fuck were they playing at dragging it out and shitting me up. Penalty was nailed on too. Fuckers.

What happened to the VAR supporters?
I'm a VAR supporter, but I'm not a supporter of a system that allows refs to drop bollocks and have their mates saying it's OK because they weren't dropped from a sufficient height.
VAR was introduced to overturn "clear and obvious errors" but it's being used to support such errors as the refs don't like being held to account. - Atwell didn't even go to the monitor at the swamp in January.
Alty Taylor had a crystal clear view of a penalty incident when we played at West Ham last season yet he ignored it. He only changed his mind when viewing the monitor which showed it was a "clear and obvious error" from every angle.
There's nothing wrong with the concept of VAR, but the implementation is incompetent and/or corrupt. I hate the idea of spending so much time, money and effort on a corrupt sport, but many VAR decisions suggest I am.

Ignore the decisions discussed here already, what about the shirt pull towards the end ? I can understand a ref missing it live but Var reviewed it and didn't give it.
The point is the same people using VAR are the same people Refereeing the game, VAR is great if used properly, we are all here moaning because it is not being used properly.

VAR is shit. Shit if you're in the stand and you don't know what's going on or whether to celebrate a goal or not. Shit if you're playing for the same reason. Shit if you're watching from your armchair because it's so inconsistent. Shit that it's so up for misuse, eg. The milli-second where they decide when the ball has left the foot for offside lines. Shit because you can't hear the discussion. The only good thing about current VAR is that football has always been a game of discussion points, incorrect decisions etc, It's the banter we have at work, with mates etc. It's our soap opera.We still get that but the discussions changed. VAR used properly would have stopped a lot of that.
In short, it's shit, just get rid.

Surely having VAR produce evidence for City to display as PL bias against us is valuable?

Rather than having just our own footage of comparable incidents to look at we have the VAR bias focused against us.

I agree it is galling and can in some games be result changing but I wonder if the need for a truly independent ruling body has once again been demonstrated?

Not only have FFP rules been shown to be unfairly applied but also the means to rectify ref on field mistakes via VAR..

Corruption in plain sight at our game yesterday when they decided to look at offside for Grealish in the build up to the goal. He was that far onside that they had to remove the lines pronto for fear of embarrassment.

The gap to Grealish and the last man yesterday you could have parallel parked your car in there . They were desperate to rule anything out what they could, imagine holding up a game restarting to look at something obvious as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.