VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
You forgot the Rashford offside not offside decision vs us. Still annoys me so much.

I definitely haven’t forgotten, I just don’t think City are as upset with the system as those clubs, which have spoken out publicly and the IIRC all the managers fined for it.

I think City are part of a group who aren’t enamoured with PGMOL but aren’t rocking the boat. If those 4/5 teams who really have a problem turn up to the owners meetings and really push for change though, I don’t see anyone really resisting.

VAR has NOT improved decision taking in any way. And it is part of many decisions that destroys football. Unless you like not able to celebrate a goal without an anxious wait after that.

It’s definitely improved offside decisions massively - I think people have forgotten how often and frustrating it was to have big offsides missed like the Walker one against when he was at Spurs.

It’s been very good for violent conduct decisions as well, the absolute farce we used to have with people like Diego Costa doing stuff and the referee not doing anything and then a panel seeing it 4 days later etc but the referee said they saw something so they couldn’t act etc.

Consistency is the biggest problem and the times it’s not used more than anything.

Atwell appointed the sacrificial lamb in the final desperate attempt to get rid of VAR so that PIGMOL can go back to the days of brown envelopes.
Too true right across the major leagues ridiculous decisions are getting made, where once wrong VAR decisions were washed over now they are getting coverage by the very people who hid it,
getting rid of VAR will be the obvious chant pushed by PIGMOL FA lackeys, but we football fans should stand firm against it, VAR is great it can stop cheating by the Ref`s Linesmen and the FA, but it needs to be independent, paid for its accuracy and open to challenge over that accuracy by the Clubs, companies generally are very touchy about fines and loss of contracts, Clubs also need somewhere to expunge their frustrations now we have a gagging mandate called Respect, VAR should expand its control including yellow cards its decisions should overrule the Ref, Clear and Obvious was the mantra it got butchered by a mishmash of laws deliberately placed to cloud issues, but it needs abiding by.
Furgusson once said these things even out over time, he was lying, the Ref`s he slagged off all got demoted, on their return they all gave utd a dodgy decision, what happens when these people get a job in VAR? Brighton find out the FA does not want them in Europe.

It’s definitely improved offside decisions massively - I think people have forgotten how often and frustrating it was to have big offsides missed like the Walker one against when he was at Spurs.

It’s been very good for violent conduct decisions as well, the absolute farce we used to have with people like Diego Costa doing stuff and the referee not doing anything and then a panel seeing it 4 days later etc but the referee said they saw something so they couldn’t act etc.

Consistency is the biggest problem and the times it’s not used more than anything.
Once you take away the passion of spontaneous celebration what’s really left?…the offside rule has to be changed.

Just looked and the geezer on var for Spure Brighton was a guy called Michael Salisbury, anyone know anything about him? Surely he’s as complicit as Attwell, as he must have been talking to him? We couldn’t believe when watching it live that he didn’t send Attwell to the monitor on a couple of instances.

Even more easier than what we,are seeing now? A penalty awarded after the full time whistle as just one example of hundreds of "mistakes".
If an offence is committed in the final move of a game then it's correct to award the pen after the final whistle. - The laws have always allowed time to be added for penalty kicks. I think the main complaint is that it was the rags that benefitted as they so often do in controversial incidents. (Like Atwell again at the swamp three months ago.)
Would we be complaining if the Leipzig handball had been correctly reviewed at the end of the first leg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.