VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing the handball in the United box not given tonight, despite it being nearly identical to Akanji’s last night, I genuinely don’t understand what the handball rule is now.

After seeing the handball in the United box not given tonight, despite it being nearly identical to Akanji’s last night, I genuinely don’t understand what the handball rule is now.
Yes, it's a problem.

I am firmly in favour of stopping the pretence that handball can be governed by longer and more complicated laws and more and more interpretations which no human being can assess in a split second, or clearly for that matter two minutes in the case of VAR. Make it a purely subjective accidental / deliberate decision.

Would be a complete mess, you say? Spend more time training referees on consistency of the deliberate handball.

Open to corruption, you say? Only do this as part of a complete regulatory overhaul with independent oversight and real accountability.

Would work in the PL, but not in Europe with referees from all the different FAs, you say? I got nothing :( I guess we are fucked.

Shaka Hislop on ESPN just said this during the halftime show for our FA Cup match, discussing tomorrows game:

“Brighton have had a very good season and if not for some very… suspect VAR decisions it would be an even better one”.

Pundits are starting to take notice.

Remind me again how VAR is corrupt and goes against Man City ? That goal has won you the title

Before VAR stones goal would have been flagged offside . How is that fair ?

One decision all season but you are straight on here whilst your team are playing , hmmmm

Actually, VAR has corrected the right calls for so many decisions . They don’t get talked about.

If there is corruption why would they bring in VAR to give those tight decisions ?
Before VAR a lino could just flag it off Willy nilly. No questions asked.

You know it doesn’t add up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.