VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s where you divine controversy & corruption

Personally, I don’t think there will ever be any form of officiating that will remove the skepticism of corruption- even if refs dramatically improved, even if VAR dramatically improved - will only take a couple of awful decisions in a big game and people will question the integrity of the sport again
You’re missing the point, it’s the fact that the dodgy decisions are regularly going in favour of the same two teams

If either the rags and dippers favourable decisions had been us I can guarantee either (a) they’d have gone the other way or (b) the commentary team would be making a huge deal about the decisions being wrong. Almost certainly (a)

It’s where you divine controversy & corruption

Personally, I don’t think there will ever be any form of officiating that will remove the skepticism of corruption- even if refs dramatically improved, even if VAR dramatically improved - will only take a couple of awful decisions in a big game and people will question the integrity of the sport again
How do you compare the Antonio handball yesterday that was given even tho it was so close with Mcguires handball from a corner not given?

TAA handball deemed too far back to.have affected the play at Leeds yet when we played the scousers they went back as far and judged an innocuous challenge by Haaland, that the ref didn't think was a foul as enough to scrub out a legitimate goal.

So many inconsistencies not explained!

VAR choses to ignore an obvious handball in the build up of Liverpool’s first goal against Leeds at 0-0.
To clarify regarding the handball rule changes for the build up of goals, referees and VAR can still disallow goals for deliberate handballs in the build up. The simplification was regarding accidental handballs in the buildup (as long as the hand/arm aren’t used to directly score).

This was a deliberate handball that setup the attack just like a pass by TAA (without his arm stuck out the ball is played past him, setting up a Leeds counter). You can see TAA move his elbow out as the ball was played and the ball goes in the exact opposite direction after hitting TAA’s arm. Two passes later they score, with TAA getting an assist (he wouldn’t have been in that position if not for the handball and the huge bounce toward goal).

It was an obvious unfair advantage gained that VAR chose to ignore for… reasons.

I've 'lifted' this from somewhere else. But it say it perfect for me...

"VAR is the catalyst for the handball madness. Endless replays before each decision are creating so much pressure to dream up objective criteria for something which should always rely on the subjective, in the moment, opinion of an experienced referee. So the whole fecking thing is eating itself. And turning football into a farce."

And for me thats why I want to see VAR rolled back and re-thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.