VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
So VAR is a bit shit when it's not a bit good then..

It's been operational for 4 seasons now and nobody knows what the fuck is going on..

It progressively getting worse.

There has been no improvement in the level of accuracy and fairness, as Brighton fans, ask Wolves fans who have been regularly fucked over this season..

Decisions made on the hoof, dependant on who's playing..

Not only did we beat the tarquins yesterday but had to make sure we took the game out of that bent twat Oliver's hands..

You keep waiving your flag though, defending the indefensible..

As i say, its my personal opinion and as always you respond being rude and aggressive, why ?

I think it's a fair point that thanks to VAR the Stones goal stood. Why can't we give it praise at times ? without VAR, Lino rules it out and Arsenal are still in the game.

I give it criticism and have done throughout this thread - there's lots that VAR need to do to improve and get right.

Then why do you want to go back to officials missing these blatant decisions?

You may have noticed I don't agree with your assessment of VAR, but I like you as a poster. You are absolutely consistent and you clearly feel strongly about what you post. But can I ask you a genuine question? Are you this supportive of VAR on a West Ham forum? And if you are, how does that go down? Last night, for example?

You may have noticed I don't agree with your assessment of VAR, but I like you as a poster. You are absolutely consistent and you clearly feel strongly about what you post. But can I ask you a genuine question? Are you this supportive of VAR on a West Ham forum? And if you are, how does that go down? Last night, for example?

I would be yes but I don't bother with Hammers forum - they wind me up constantly criticising the manager and players etc. so I stay clear and annoy you lot instead :)

however the VAR thread on KUMB is similar to here, plenty of cries of corruption and how it must go whenever there's a contentious decision. Silence when it goes in our favour. similar I would have thought to every PL team forums - that's fine and I'm in the minority on the issue.

Last nights one, I can understand the anger from Moyes and fans but equally I can see why it wasn't given, he slid in and his arm has to go somewhere - I don't think it was as blatant as my fellow fans think, the ref should have taken a look though - that's the real disappointment.

As i say, its my personal opinion and as always you respond being rude and aggressive, why ?

I think it's a fair point that thanks to VAR the Stones goal stood. Why can't we give it praise at times ? without VAR, Lino rules it out and Arsenal are still in the game.

I give it criticism and have done throughout this thread - there's lots that VAR need to do to improve and get right.

Rude and aggressive, really ?

I'm pointing out how you cannot wait to post on the VAR thread as soon as you perceive something has gone for us for a change..

We have been on the receiving end of some absolutely shocking VAR decisions and you have the gall to come on here and say if it wasn't for VAR, Stones's goal wouldn't have stood..

No penalty for us in the first half, it wasn't even reviewed..

What do you think?

Score at the time was 0-0..

VAR cost us 3 points at the swamp which has taken us weeks to rectify and for us to get back into a favourable position in the league.

VAR is doing what it's been brought in to do..

Trouble is, we're too good..

Just got to sort out the 100 plus charges they've levied at us now..

VAR is erratic.

I think all forms of officiating will always be. Without VAR i think it would be even more erratic this time around i personally think...

Can you imagine the uproar when a player in a big match scores from two yards offside or like before VAR - Salah and co diving with zero contact and being rewarded a penalty ? It would happen and then what. we pretend we would just accept that and there wouldn't be even more outrage ?

I think all forms of officiating will always be. Without VAR i think it would be even more erratic this time around i personally think...

Can you imagine the uproar when a player in a big match scores from two yards offside or like before VAR - Salah and co diving with zero contact and being rewarded a penalty ? It would happen and then what. we pretend we would just accept that and there wouldn't be even more outrage ?

Is 'Salah diving' your go to analogy?

You've mentioned him for 3 years solid now..

A least try to freshen it up a bit..

What about, 'imagine the uproar if Rashford was 5 yards offside, was interfering with play and united scored against you'..

Thank God VAR is in place to ensure this couldn't happen..

It happened ? Never, VAR wouldn't allow it..

nothing wrong with var, its the fucking idiots that are using it, how the fuck that wasnt given as a penalty last night, thankfully it didnt matter, but it could of done, could of enabled arsenal to win the league, we know what a foul is , we know what handball is,that champions league version of handball is fucking shocking, we need to hear them explaining how they got to a decision see where they are going wrong and put it right.

we don't tend to talk as much about the var going for us,i thought that was offside last night,yards off, i was thinking why are they taking so long,then boom its a goal

open lines of communication, its bad enough watching on tv, it must be horrendous at the ground.

I'm pointing out how you cannot wait to post on the VAR thread as soon as you perceive something has gone for us for a change..

We have been on the receiving end of some absolutely shocking VAR decisions and you have the gall to come on here and say if it wasn't for VAR, Stones's goal wouldn't have stood..

No penalty for us in the first half, it wasn't even reviewed..

What do you think?

Score at the time was 0-0..

VAR cost us 3 points at the swamp which has taken us weeks to rectify and for us to get back into a favourable position in the league.

Trouble is, we're too good..

Just got to sort out the 100 plus charges they've levied at us now..

- Yeh, throughout the thread, It's hard to have a rational debate with you but i try when i can be arsed.

I'm pointing out how you cannot wait to post on the VAR thread as soon as you perceive something has gone for us for a change.
- Not true, when was the last time i 'couldn't wait' to post something that's gone for you? It's rare i watch City live so i can't always comment when decisions go for or against you, But yes when Stones goal was going to VAR my thought was 1. Please give it as this kills Arsenal off and 2. This wouldn't have been given without VAR - how does that compute with corruption.

We have been on the receiving end of some absolutely shocking VAR decisions and you have the gall to come on here and say if it wasn't for VAR, Stones's goal wouldn't have stood
- All clubs have. All clubs feel aggrieved by ref/VAR decisions this season and will do forever. It's the nature of fans. Let's not forget on (I personally think) the rare occasion it does get something majorly wrong certain posters tag me in for my view. Not like bad decisions are my fault anyway! but still, sometimes it works both ways.

No penalty for us in the first half, it wasn't even reviewed

- It would have been reviewed , but the ref saw it clearly and deemed KDB kicked Partey and it wasn't obvious enough to overturn- It has split opinion and it did in the pub last night. I genuinely not sure either way on that one.

- The ref cost you 3 points. He didn't go to VAR. however, I agree that offside was a complete joke and it was a farce how the ref got influenced by Bruno and co screaming in his face that Rashford wasn't playing the ball. Appalling decision.

- Im gullible and naive and genuinly think VAR was bought in worldwide to help the officials make the correct decision. It's been a mess at times. It's been brilliant at times. it has a long way to go to improve.

Trouble is, we're too good

Absolutely, with or without VAR you're by far away the best side and squad and have the most frightening Striker I've ever seen, along with the greatest ever CM in KDB. complete joy to watch for many years you lot.

Just got to sort out the 100 plus charges they've levied at us now.

- I'm staying clear of that one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.