VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is 'Salah diving' your go to analogy?

You've mentioned him for 3 years solid now..

A least try to freshen it up a bit..

What about, 'imagine the uproar if Rashford was 5 yards offside, was interfering with play and united scored against you'..

Thank God VAR is in place to ensure this couldn't happen..

It happened ? Never, VAR wouldn't allow it..

I do use it a lot to be fair. should mix up the names - Kane, Zaha, Ronaldo, Suarez - list goes on. They would all very clearly dive in the box without contact and win penalties. Its been a joy this season to see that side of the game pretty much wiped out (sure there's a couple ones been given even with VAR). Now its the handball situation they need to get right.

I could use your example, but that was a one off farcical situation that i don't think i've ever seen before. whereas my example was on a regular basis.

I do use it a lot to be fair. should mix up the names - Kane, Zaha, Ronaldo, Suarez - list goes on. They would all very clearly dive in the box without contact and win penalties. Its been a joy this season to see that side of the game pretty much wiped out (sure there's a couple ones been given even with VAR). Now its the handball situation they need to get right.

I could use your example, but that was a one off farcical situation that i don't think i've ever seen before. whereas my example was on a regular basis.

Thing is, nobody has seen anything like it before and that's the trouble with VAR..

Cheating in plain sight to give the red tw*ts a much needed leg up..

It's OK though as we received an apology..

Nothing to see here, move along now..

Why didn't VAR ask Oliver to check Parteys challenge for the Pen on KDB. Surely that was at least worth a check?? He made no contact with the Ball ans took KDB out. I just don't understand why that wasn't reviewed?

Why didn't VAR ask Oliver to check Parteys challenge for the Pen on KDB. Surely that was at least worth a check?? He made no contact with the Ball ans took KDB out. I just don't understand why that wasn't reviewed?
I think you do, as we all do.

Oliver’s performance should be called in by PIGMOL,FA,PL & Sly.

If is nor arrested for corruption he should be suspended for incompetence.

Slimey faced toad.

Because under Webb’s increased threshold, as Oliver clearly saw the incident, Coote was correct to not intervene - same as we saw with Brighton vs Spurs a few weeks back. The refs on VAR know it’s a decision that should be changed but their boss tells them it’s not as the onfield ref ‘saw it’.

Now why Webb changed that threshold is a fair question to ask - a cynic would think it ensures that Rashford and Salah dives with a toe stretched out towards the defender cannot then be overturned when seen in slow-motion….

The incompetence and/or corruption within the body that regulates the sport is sinking ever deeper into a morass, a veritable quagmire of lies and deceit - and it's all their own doing. Erratic, inconsistent, and occasionally bordering on farcical is how I would sum up pgmol right now. Their lack of transparency means they are free to apply the rules as and when they see fit: never having to justify a decision, seemingly unaccountable for any of the monumental fuck-ups they make that could end up costing a relegated club millions and millions in revenue.
They appear to be an organisation that is beyond reproach, above the law, cleared of any responsibility before the game has even kicked off.
It is an utter disgrace what they have done to the game. Their closed-shop approach has pissed off many many people over the years: managers, players, media personnel, and of course us fans - without which the game would not exist.

At work, if you make a serious error of judgment that could jeopardise production in some way, or that might cause disruption to the workflow, your immediate superior in the chain of command would quite rightly haul you over the coals to ensure whatever it was is not repeated. But if the next day you do it again, and then again the following day, you would very soon find yourself claiming unemployment benefit. That's how it is, for all of us: you keep fucking up, you're out. The end.

But not if you're a part of pgmol's inner circle, apparently. Ineptitude, inefficiency, and an arrogance that borders on egotism means you move further and further up the greasy pole.

Because under Webb’s increased threshold, as Oliver clearly saw the incident, Coote was correct to not intervene - same as we saw with Brighton vs Spurs a few weeks back. The refs on VAR know it’s a decision that should be changed but their boss tells them it’s not as the onfield ref ‘saw it’.

Now why Webb changed that threshold is a fair question to ask - a cynic would think it ensures that Rashford and Salah dives with a toe stretched out towards the defender cannot then be overturned when seen in slow-motion….
Ok but then what's the point of VAR if it can't ask a ref to review their own decision. If that's the case then the pitch side monitors will essentially never be used again ? Seems an odd decision by Webb. But also in Brighton vs Spurs Webb had to apologise to Brighton for the mistakes. Again this doesn't make sense to me.

Probably not fair, but you don't see many media stories about low league ref's getting abuse after their elite colleagues make a balls up.

That's one of the worst things about how var is currently ran - they'll only get them to look if they think it's 100% wrong. There should be occasions where they call the ref to have a look so he can see another angle and he can change his mind if he wants.

Ok but then what's the point of VAR if it can't ask a ref to review their own decision. If that's the case then the pitch side monitors will essentially never be used again ? Seems an odd decision by Webb. But also in Brighton vs Spurs Webb had to apologise to Brighton for the mistakes. Again this doesn't make sense to me.

VAR should be reviewing continuously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.