VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok but then what's the point of VAR if it can't ask a ref to review their own decision. If that's the case then the pitch side monitors will essentially never be used again ? Seems an odd decision by Webb. But also in Brighton vs Spurs Webb had to apologise to Brighton for the mistakes. Again this doesn't make sense to me.
I think the argument is that if Oliver says:

De Bruyne didn't ever have the ball in his control/possession. Which is true.
Partey gets to the ball first. That's also true - he probably could have played it, but decided to block and let Ramsdale collect.
Partey gets between De Bruyne and the ball. Whilst there's a lot of contact between both players in the end, initially he does plant his foot down and Kev kicks into it first.

Clearly if Kev was running with the ball, or had already played it, then it would be much more likely to go City's way, but if Oliver has seen all that and has decided that Partey gets there first and is blocking Kev, then VAR can't do much about it, as he's seen it.

If he'd given a pen, that almost certainly wouldn't be overturned either.

Why didn't VAR ask Oliver to check Parteys challenge for the Pen on KDB. Surely that was at least worth a check?? He made no contact with the Ball ans took KDB out. I just don't understand why that wasn't reviewed?

VAR should call the shots not the referee, as the reason VAR exists is because they are shit beyond belief. If VAR is being ignored, or regularly incorrect then they are corrupt beyond belief.

If you take away the lack of transparency, the massive inconsistency and its ability to remove the immediate visceral joy and pain of scoring/conceding a goal then VAR is great.

Thats a penalty on DeBruyne and at West Ham but neither are sent to the screen for the ref to review and that's where the inconsistency/dodginess comes in. It's a good job we're fucking brilliant that's all I'll say.

I think the argument is that if Oliver says:

De Bruyne didn't ever have the ball in his control/possession. Which is true.
Partey gets to the ball first. That's also true - he probably could have played it, but decided to block and let Ramsdale collect.
Partey gets between De Bruyne and the ball. Whilst there's a lot of contact between both players in the end, initially he does plant his foot down and Kev kicks into it first.

Clearly if Kev was running with the ball, or had already played it, then it would be much more likely to go City's way, but if Oliver has seen all that and has decided that Partey gets there first and is blocking Kev, then VAR can't do much about it, as he's seen it.

If he'd given a pen, that almost certainly wouldn't be overturned either.
Did Partey get to the ball first, it looked to me as if he fouled Kev and didn't touch the ball?? But I admit I've only seen it once on tv

Ok but then what's the point of VAR if it can't ask a ref to review their own decision. If that's the case then the pitch side monitors will essentially never be used again ? Seems an odd decision by Webb. But also in Brighton vs Spurs Webb had to apologise to Brighton for the mistakes. Again this doesn't make sense to me.

VAR can advise the ref of incidents they haven’t seen, can advise on fouls being upgraded and advise on offside, it’s simply penalties that a higher threshold was randomly added for.

And let’s be honest, if the reffing team were bent, why on earth would they go to the effort of finding an angle showing White was playing Stones onside when they could’ve just taken the ‘tv angle’ where he looked off and nobody would’ve given it a second thought…..

VAR can advise the ref of incidents they haven’t seen, can advise on fouls being upgraded and advise on offside, it’s simply penalties that a higher threshold was randomly added for.

And let’s be honest, if the reffing team were bent, why on earth would they go to the effort of finding an angle showing White was playing Stones onside when they could’ve just taken the ‘tv angle’ where he looked off and nobody would’ve given it a second thought…..
Because they are not allowed to take the tv angle, if they were ever found out they would be finished

Because offsides are more black and white. And therefore shouldn't be open to interpretation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.