VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The VAR is never getting involved in a call like that. It’s irrelevant if he thinks it’s a penalty or not. There’s no provision for him asking the referee to ‘have another look to be sure’ He can only get involved if he thinks the referee has made an obvious error.
The referee had made an obvious error, his mates at Stockley Park didn’t want to show him up for the **** he is.

PGMOL are a law unto themself they operate like a secret society, nowhere can you find contact details to get in touch with them. They are answerable only to themselves and we the paying customer are not privy to how they make their bullshit decisions.

In the stadium we could see it was a penalty, the TV pundits said it was and even the Arsenal fans admitted it was.

It should have been a penalty that it wasn’t given can only be because VAR isn’t doing what it should be doing and correcting clear and obvious errors.

In the Stones goal, the organic moment of that was lost in the VAR nonsense. Yes, the goal was correctly counted upon review, but it wasn't as glorious of a moment given the delayed reaction. That was taken away due to VAR.

the joyous moment was taken away because the lino flagged! and fans simply would not accept 'yeh he got it wrong but it was a close call so it is what it is'

you're in la la land if you think linos would normally not flag those type of offsides. It was a weekly basis that offside goals were flagged. hence another reason VAR was bought in.

I think this is the way the referee’s interpreted it and I agree with your analysis. Partey gets between man and ball. De Bruyne kicks him. Foul given.

The issue with that interpretation is where you draw the line between “shielding the ball” and illegal obstruction. I think this is as close to that line as it’s possible to get but I do think in this case it’s actually illegal obstruction.

yep, but some seem to think it's 100% one way or another. Its not and that's why VAR correctly didn't get involved.

d92c8004655f421395717996397b6dda.jpg

I celebrated this green line like the opening goal. I was literally focused on that foot waiting for a green line to appear.

Was anyone here at the game that did the same because I know a couple of fans were watching the monitors behind the commentators and you can also hear them celebrating on the highlights? That must have been a surreal moment!

the joyous moment was taken away because the lino flagged! and fans simply would not accept 'yeh he got it wrong but it was a close call so it is what it is'

you're in la la land if you think linos would normally not flag those type of offsides. It was a weekly basis that offside goals were flagged. hence another reason VAR was bought in.
It's a weekly basis that var is screwing up. I'm top of that it has brought confusion to the most basic of decisions. It has also slowed down decision making, is proven to have helped some teams over others.

All that shit on top of weekly incorrect calls.

Id go back to just the weekly incorrect calls from the ref tbh.

It's a weekly basis that var is screwing up. I'm top of that it has brought confusion to the most basic of decisions. It has also slowed down decision making, is proven to have helped some teams over others.

All that shit on top of weekly incorrect calls.

Id go back to just the weekly incorrect calls from the ref tbh.

if everyone could happily accept incorrect calls from the officials then i'd support that aswell.

Just watch the video Party never attempts to play the ball, just sticks his leg between both of Kevins and brings him down. Cast iron penalty the on field official and VAR were an utter disgrace.
Awarding a penalty for that would have been on a par with the pen given for Arsenal for the Ederson collision imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.