VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The linesman are now so conditioned to not flagging until the attacking phase has ended but when the ball ends up in the net just take a back seat, let the players and fans celebrate and let VAR check it unless it's clear and obvious.

I celebrated the VAR green line more than I did when the actual goal was scored because I thought it looked offside in real time and then hands-on-head Stones confirmed my initial doubt.

One thing that needs to be improved is how they communicate key decisions especially the awarding of goals to the fans in the ground. They need to use the video screen/PA system which I think is what happens in Rugby.

Just saw the highlights of the Liverpool-Spurs match…

Jota shouldn’t have been on the pitch to score the winner.

Absolutely scandalous he was only given a yellow for clearly sticking his boot above his shoulders in to the Spurs player’s face (which he could see all the way).

bc750be7-5541-44af-b105-4860f9ee29e4-jpeg.77233

Absolutely scandalous he was only given a yellow for clearly sticking his boot above his shoulders in to the Spurs player’s face (which he could see all the way).

Endangered the opponent’s safety He had to have stitches

After Manè’s on Ederson they were never getting another one this century

Despite Klopp's claims about Tierney having an issue with the club, Jota should have been red-carded just as Milner should have been sent off against us. Both clear instances of the referee failing to punish the offenders correctly

This is simply a deflection tactic by Klopp, because he well knows that his players are treated differently by this referee, especially when playing at anfield.

Despite PiGMOL making a statement, pretty sure that absolutely fuck all will be done to Klopp despite his behaviour and rants.

Hackett on Talksport this afternoon suggested VAR should be independent of all the football authorities. Said the current system favoured the culture of backing your mates. I have said this all along. As well the ref should be given a set time to review any footage e.g. 2 minutes max. If he cannot change his mind then they should go with his on field decision.

Hackett on Talksport this afternoon suggested VAR should be independent of all the football authorities. Said the current system favoured the culture of backing your mates. I have said this all along. As well the ref should be given a set time to review any footage e.g. 2 minutes max. If he cannot change his mind then they should go with his on field decision.

Never understood the logic behind this ‘backing up your mate’ argument. If I’m a ref who’s dropped a bollock, I absolutely want my mate to tell me I’ve dropped a bollock. We get the decision right and by the next day everyone has forgotten it even happened.

Or he backs up my decision, even though he knows it’s a big mistake. And for the next week, month, even years, we’re both getting called out for fucking up.

Hating the time limit idea aswell. Put a man under strict time restraints in any situation you like and the chance of him making a mistake increase significantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.