VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man Utd concede a 95th minute penalty solely thanks to VAR.

No appeals, no one saw it, ref didn’t see it.
VAR did.

A point or more would have pretty much sealed them a top 4 place
Wrong. Ref did see it. You know the score ;)

Attachments

• 36AA30E3-ADDE-4EC8-AA40-A4084412753D.jpeg
    36AA30E3-ADDE-4EC8-AA40-A4084412753D.jpeg
    590.2 KB · Views: 85
And with it, teams like Brighton often have to grit their teeth as the head of PGMOL offers an apology for his officials (ref and VAR) making several errors that prevented them from gaining points that would have them in European places right now.

I think they’re genuine mistakes however obvious and bad it looks - Brighton have certainly had some bad decisions go against them - no denying, but I do think it’s bad luck and will always happen.

Of course, we shouldn’t accept it and always look at ways to ensure they don’t make big errors - transparency will be the next phase they will certainly bring in the next year or so.

I don’t think they’ll ever get VAR right to the point where everyone’s satisfied and they’ll always be controversy but still favour it the way to go than not - absolutely fine if others feel the opposite. It’s all honest opinions.

Most complaints are on here actually should be directed towards the instructions the VARs are working to, not their competence.

All these recent City penalties that people are blaming the VAR for not stepping in, are clearly outside the instructions they are told to work to in regards to clear and obvious mistakes.

You don't think it's incompetence to have the stupid rules in the first place? People have difficulty, and will, quite rightly, always have difficulty understanding why they want to disallow goals for 1mm offside that no-one can see, but won't correct other decisions that everyone can see.

They really don't do themselves any favours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.