VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man Utd concede a 95th minute penalty solely thanks to VAR.

No appeals, no one saw it, ref didn’t see it.
VAR did.

A point or more would have pretty much sealed them a top 4 place

Man Utd concede a 95th minute penalty solely thanks to VAR.

No appeals, no one saw it, ref didn’t see it.
VAR did.

A point or more would have pretty much sealed them a top 4 place
…half of the Brighton players and the entire stand behind the goal immediately appealed for the handball.

Did you watch the match?

i can uderstand a ref making a dacision and getting it wrong but var have no excuse so they shoiuld be made to explain every decision, id like to hear the one on haaland

Contentious as he goes through Haaland but Kehrer also gets 100% of the ball. No way clear cut for VAR to intervene on that one.

…half of the Brighton players and the entire stand behind the goal immediately appealed for the handball.

Did you watch the match?

Ah fair enough, had the volume down though- looked like they was all just playing on casually and no one saw anything.

Just my opinion, reading most comments under the Twitter clip it’s agreed by most he got the ball and not a pen. Not that Twitter is a good place to get a genuine verdict - I might be wrong or biased. But I don’t think that’s a clear cut pen.

Ah fair enough, had the volume down though- looked like they was all just playing on casually and no one saw anything.
No, several were still appealing when the ball went in to Brighton’s half before being put out. McAllister ran 20 yards to ask the ref how he hadn’t seen it.

VAR had to request he look at it, especially given the many “errors” Brighton have received public apologies for over the season. It would have been a massive scandal had they ignored the blatant handball. Fairly sure Brighton would have gone full litigation.

And Mariner was absolutely crushed when he was forced to give it.

No, several were still appealing when the ball went in to Brighton’s half before being put out. McAllister ran 20 yards to ask the ref how he hadn’t seen it.

VAR had to request he look at it, especially given the many “errors” Brighton have received public apologies for over the season. It would have been a massive scandal had they ignored the blatant handball. Fairly sure Brighton would have gone full litigation.

And Mariner was absolutely crushed when he was forced to give it.

Just shows without VAR , ‘corrupt’ refs would never give those to Man Utd and co

Just shows without VAR , ‘corrupt’ refs would never give those to Man Utd and co
And with it, teams like Brighton often have to grit their teeth as the head of PGMOL offers an apology for his officials (ref and VAR) making several errors that prevented them from gaining points that would have them in European places right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.