VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
They must think we are daft,release audio from a number of games and then it’ll be see nothing untoward going on it’s all in your heads,and as already posted by some until it’s transparent and available to all be that at the ground or at home watching then there’s still going to be that they have something to hide which actually in my opinion they do ..

FIFA forbid any league from airing live audio.
I am aware. And that is a restriction that is there for a (very dubious) reason but must be removed.

Releasing select, easily edited audio, well after matches, in a highly produced, controlled manner, is just a narrative crafting strategy.

It no more adds transparency than Ref Watch does.

I am aware. And that is a restriction that is there for a (very dubious) reason but must be removed.

Releasing select, easily edited audio, well after matches, in a highly produced, controlled manner, is just a narrative crafting strategy.

It no more adds transparency than Ref Watch does.
Yup cynical stuff

Computer says yes/no

Still offside by an armpit, which in my book isn't what VAR was sold to us as.

We'll still be told that Lindeloff didn't commit a handball and that Rat-face and Big-nose aren't diving at every opportunity.

Quite fucking right. I blame Collina for this ridiculous notion that offside is a matter of fact and so can be a yes/no down to the precise millisecond and millimetre. It's all bollocks. Offside should be a judgment call in real time with all its human frailties like everything else in the game. VAR wants to review it? Do it from one angle at real speed. If you can't tell it's offside from one looking, forget it.

Linesmen do an incredible job on offsides. I have no idea how they do it. Let them get on with it. Just correct the few that are obviously wrong. Consistent with the way all the other decisions are reviewed now as well.

When we can listen to the audio from any contentious decision I will be happyish.

For example, that debacle with the lindlehoff handball, are they going to release that audio... Never. It will just highlight the ineptitude going on, or the confusion.

and someone above mentioned judgement.... This is the most critical part of the whole shitshow. Most decisions are judgements, and VAR should never be used for that, that just leads to 5 people all with contradicting judgements trying to hammer out a decisions. It should always be the one man in the middle.

Its a fucking judgement game, when are they going to realise this!

All for more transparency but no chance even if all audio for the full 90 was released it would make much difference to people thinking it's any less corrupt - every word they say will be scrutinized and taken out of context. Happy to be proven wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.