VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
All for more transparency but no chance even if all audio for the full 90 was released it would make much difference to people thinking it's any less corrupt - every word they say will be scrutinized and taken out of context. Happy to be proven wrong.

That depends, of course.

If they discuss issues rationally, knowledgeably and consistently on the basis of simple rules that everyone can follow, then the only people who will be unhappy will be the people the decisions go against. That's a pretty small sub-group.

If they just make it up as they go along, using different criteria every week and depending who is playing, then they will be crucified and quite rightly.

I, for one, would really like to get back to the days when I thought referees were just doing a very difficult job to the best of their ability. Rashford's non-offside really pushed me beyond that but listening to their decision-making may help. Or may not, depending how good they are.

VAR did brilliant to overturn that penalty decision in the Milan match

Yet Mcmanaman and Rio both going mad saying how it was a penalty - that’s now questioned the ‘get ex players on VAR’ argument for me.

Yet Mcmanaman and Rio both going mad saying how it was a penalty - that’s now questioned the ‘get ex players on VAR’ argument for me.

Well, clearly you would need ex-players who know what the fuck they are talking about for that to work.

How was it 'brilliant'?
The ref's sujective decision was foul
Then they sent him to the telly where he made another subjective decision.
There was nothing 'clear and obvious' that he missed in the first place and there was nowt 'clear and obvious' after he'd watched numerous replays.

So why did he change his mind?

How was it 'brilliant'?
There was nothing 'clear and obvious' that he missed in the first place and there was nowt 'clear and obvious' after he'd watched numerous replays.

It was never a pen

How was it 'brilliant'?

The cynic would say no one would watch a 2nd leg semi where the result is already determined.

Just seen some of the incidents from yesterday's games.

The kane one is disappointing, he initiates contact and I don't think it's a penalty. But if the rules say contact and nothing about who initiated it then.... Well, United made a history out of that.

But the palace one is disgraceful. Anderson clearly punched Lerma in the face, he's broken his nose apparently. Palace go on to win 2-0. Retrospective action surely has to follow, but for var to justify that as no intent as there was no backswing is ridiculous. Rabbit punch to the nose, clear as day, and looks intentional anyway from all angles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.