Vat on Independent school fees?

late 80s early 90s in my school

not sure they were part of asigned DoE curriculum, they were taught to make ypung people more self sufficient.

Not sure it’s as useful when you can use Google and find 100 videos explaining how to change a fuse better than any teacher and get reference guides and diagrams.

Not sure it’s as useful when you can use Google and find 100 videos explaining how to change a fuse better than any teacher and get reference guides and diagrams.
We live a self created disposable world, you think kids are youtubing basic skills?

the point is to learn to be self sufficient in a practical lesson, telling them to look it up and not learn how to fix stuff hamds on equals telling them to give up and just buy a new one every time.

telling them to look it up and not learn how to fix stuff hamds on equals telling them to give up and just buy a new one every time.

Sorry you’re going to have to explain to me how being able to look something up and learn how to fix it is equal to encouraging someone to give up and buy a new one.

Sorry you’re going to have to explain to me how being able to look something up and learn how to fix it is equal to encouraging someone to give up and buy a new one.
I don't have to though realy, that would mean me explaining myself or teaching you my meaning, just google it, sure loads of explanations will come upon the topic of why practical teaching isn't necessary over online videos

Yeah it’s free, provided by the state for the benefit of children.

Obviously you’re angling for a “it’s not free I pay tax” line, but it’s very sixth form politics to pretend taxation and public spending are directly linked - if you spend a second thinking about it, that doesn’t work on any level.

You don’t have to pay tax to go to school.

You don’t pay less tax if you don’t go to state school.

Your taxes don’t go down if the DoE budget gets cut, they dont necessarily go up if the government decides to increase education spending.

How do you even reconcile your line of thinking with the fact the country is run at a deficit?
No one pays tax, no one goes to school.

Government expenditure and taxation are intrinsically linked.

If a country has a deficit, then it’s simply using future tax revenues to sustain the present provision of services, such as education.

Quite simple really, particularly in the context of student loans.

If your degree isn’t likely to secure you a job that will provide the income level required to repay your student loan in full, then it’s not worthwhile for society.

Doesn't have to be worthwhile to society, you can do a degree for yourself and your interests surely.

Quite simple really, particularly in the context of student loans.

If your degree isn’t likely to secure you a job that will provide the income level required to repay your student loan in full, then it’s not worthwhile for society.
“The myth that all studying should lead to a worthwhile job. Learning should be valued in and of itself.”

You are genuinely the worst person on BM. Your idea of society is so far removed from the realities of life for the average person I have to believe you’re a parody.
But, you’re not, you live an existence that the majority of posters you reply to don’t recognise and yet you still persist.
I’ve been up to a bit of shenanigans all my life and yet none of it is as unethical as the world you see and endorse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.