VDV> Silva

@Lovecity: Samaras was too expensive and overrated.He never even played for a greek team.Pride of Greek football?Please....

@redmizzle: I'm not his agent man.I don't even know if he has one.He signed his first professional contract two months ago.I just support Manchester City and I really hate Olympiakos. :)

@Damocles: It's just a fan video made one year ago when he was just 18 years old.We pay a lot of money every summer, why we don't try to sign some bargain talents like him?There is nothing to lose here.We can send some scouters to the next Olympiacos game to check him...

Difference is VDV has not been quality for a few years. Which is why none of the big clubs went in for him. Think about it Morinho does not get rid of quality players on the cheap.

niall_mcfc said:
Just shows how Arry has to work on a tight budget now even though they are in the Champs League. The money they have spent in the past 5 years has caught up with them and imo if they hadnt of qualified for the Champs League then there would be major financial problems at that club. They dont have mega rich owners to pull themselves out of the shit so its a good job for them they qualified.

Spurs are not in any sort of financial difficulty. They make a healthy profit every year. They have one of the lowest wage to turnover ratios in the Premier League - at around 50%.

The only reason why Spurs haven't spent much this summer is because, having got to the position they are in, it is increasingly difficult to sign players that will actually improve the team - especially since Spurs can't offer the kind of wages that most such players expect.

As to not having mega rich owners, Joe Lewis might not be in the same league as Sheikh Mansour, but he's still worth a few billion. Richer than most! That said, he has never and will never bankroll Spurs.

I thought spurs hadn't spent much because they're after making a new stadium. I don't buy the it's 'difficult to sign players that will actually improve the team' argument. In fact, it's complete bollocks when you see that people like Corluka and Assou-Ekotto are in the side and there are lesser players in the squad who these 2 are keeping out

The Fat el Hombre said:
I thought spurs hadn't spent much because they're after making a new stadium. I don't buy the it's 'difficult to sign players that will actually improve the team' argument. In fact, it's complete bollocks when you see that people like Corluka and Assou-Ekotto are in the side and there are lesser players in the squad who these 2 are keeping out

I don't think Spurs were interested in signing full backs this summer. Their priority was a striker - and they failed to land any of their targets, all of whom were overpriced (Fabiano, Forlan, Dzeko etc).

The Fat el Hombre said:

Charlie and Ekotto are both quality EPL fullbacks. I certainly wouldn't trade them for any of you're fullbacks. You'd be hard pressed to find better without forking out loads of doe Dani Alves style.

We've actually had a great window getting in a quality GK Pletikosa to compete with Gomes, a CL calibre defender in Gallas with loads of experience and afew seasons left in him yet at the top level, Sandro a young Brazilian wonderkid who just won South Americas equivilant of the CL playing an intergral part for his team and the Libertadores is far from easy to win and finally VDV a world class Dutch attacking midfield master technician. Would've liked Fabiano but Sevilla wanted crazy money 25mil then he wanted crazy wages about 90k a week for 5 years and the fact that he had no resale value made forking out all the cash a no go for our world class chairman Daniel Levy.

A long season ahead of us and I'm extremely confident we are much stronger than last season with them 4 quality additions to the squad. I would say good luck to you lot but it would be a lie as I hope you crash and burn

Tottenham Pete said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

Charlie and Ekotto are both quality EPL fullbacks. I certainly wouldn't trade them for any of you're fullbacks. You'd be hard pressed to find better without forking out loads of doe Dani Alves style.

We've actually had a great window getting in a quality GK Pletikosa to compete with Gomes, a CL calibre defender in Gallas with loads of experience and afew seasons left in him yet at the top level, Sandro a young Brazilian wonderkid who just won South Americas equivilant of the CL playing an intergral part for his team and the Libertadores is far from easy to win and finally VDV a world class Dutch attacking midfield master technician. Would've liked Fabiano but Sevilla wanted crazy money 25mil then he wanted crazy wages about 90k a week for 5 years and the fact that he had no resale value made forking out all the cash a no go for our world class chairman Daniel Levy.

A long season ahead of us and I'm extremely confident we are much stronger than last season with them 4 quality additions to the squad. I would say good luck to you lot but it would be a lie as I hope you crash and burn

We fcuking hate you lot too, lets hope you don't bend over too far again for fergie they seem to shaft you for 6 pts every season...

Kolarov over BEN anyday and boateng over slow charlie anyday.

Tottenham Pete said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

1. Ekotto is fucking shit. Did you see him trying to rip people inside his own half and ballon it up twice in the same game? Maybe you are talking about a different Ekotto who is on par with Dani Alve's who no one else has seen... Kolarov (a player who Mourinho has said he wanted desperately at Madrid) would eat Ekotto and so would Boateng, he is probably on par with Richards...

2. Van Der Vart is not world class, he has scored 10 goals in 70 games for Madrid and struggled to get any games. He is seen as a flop by most after failing to reach the hieght's he did at Ajax. Hence why they have sold him to you for £8million

3. I hope you get banned, seriously, if you are going to come on a City forum and say "i hope you crash and burn" then you will be abused.

Kolarov is a good LB too but my point is he's far from amazing alot like Ekotto and Boateng is primarily a CB. The Charlie/Lennon combo on the right is also worth it's weight in gold how them 2 link up. I rate Zabaleta as a good FB too but again he's not much if any better than Charlie. World class fullbacks are hard to come by there's really only 3 or 4 around and they're already at the biggest clubs

Blue Phil said:
Tottenham Pete said:

1. Ekotto is fucking shit. Did you see him trying to rip people inside his own half and ballon it up twice in the same game? Maybe you are talking about a different Ekotto who is on par with Dani Alve's who no one else has seen... Kolarov (a player who Mourinho has said he wanted desperately at Madrid) would eat Ekotto and so would Boateng, he is probably on par with Richards...

2. Van Der Vart is not world class, he has scored 10 goals in 70 games for Madrid and struggled to get any games. He is seen as a flop by most after failing to reach the hieght's he did at Ajax. Hence why they have sold him to you for £8million

3. I hope you get banned, seriously, if you are going to come on a City forum and say "i hope you crash and burn" then you will be abused.

1 That was one game and he did have a shocker first half but that happens to the best of them. Overall the guy is very solid

2 VDV wasn't given a chance at Real dure to a manager merry go round when he got there. He was top class in Germany though and showed plenty of quality in Madrid in bit part appearances. There's really no argument that the guy is an amazing player

3 hey I'm just keepn it real so don't take it personally, I understand that most people on here hope the same for Tottenham but it doesn't mean I can't have a well rounded debate about our strengths and weaknesses as I don't let my Tottenham baise cloud my judgement regarding football

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.