VDV> Silva

I think some people haven't seen a lot of european football to put it nicely.

Van Der Vaart is a good player, Silva is a very good player. Silva would walk into the Dutch team, VDV would get nowhere near the Spanish team if they swapped nationalities. Van Der Vaart was never a galactico, he was bought as one of the Dutch contingent under Bernd Schuster, and to be fair he did alright for Real, but only got into the team because of Kaka's poor form, Guti's age and he's now been sold because Real decided to buy Canales, Khedira and Ozil, so they obviously didn't have much faith in him. Silva had to be the supply line for David Villa, him and Mata with very little of substance around them, and it showed 2bh. We could have bought Van Der Vaart if we wanted to, Spurs could not have bought Silva, that's the simple facts of it. At the end of the day I think they're different players, I think Silva will take time to adjust and I think VDV will find it easier having played in the Dutch and German leagues, but Harry now has to find a way of keeping him, Modric, Kranjcar, Jenas, Huddlestone, Palacios, Lennon, Bale and Bentley happy, and I really don't envy him in that respect.

But anyway, to compare these players is pointless because what matters at the end of the day is who finishes higher in the league. Silva could break his leg tomorrow, Van Der Vaart could, and I don't really care as long as City finish above Spurs in the top 4 and win a trophy. Silva can become a superstar, Van Der Vaart has already proven he'll be nothing more than a pretty good player.

JoeMercer'sWay said:

Van Der Vaart is a good player, Silva is a very good player. Silva would walk into the Dutch team, VDV would get nowhere near the Spanish team if they swapped nationalities. Van Der Vaart was never a galactico, he was bought as one of the Dutch contingent under Bernd Schuster, and to be fair he did alright for Real, but only got into the team because of Kaka's poor form, Guti's age and he's now been sold because Real decided to buy Canales, Khedira and Ozil, so they obviously didn't have much faith in him. Silva had to be the supply line for David Villa, him and Mata with very little of substance around them, and it showed 2bh. We could have bought Van Der Vaart if we wanted to, Spurs could not have bought Silva, that's the simple facts of it. At the end of the day I think they're different players, I think Silva will take time to adjust and I think VDV will find it easier having played in the Dutch and German leagues, but Harry now has to find a way of keeping him, Modric, Kranjcar, Jenas, Huddlestone, Palacios, Lennon, Bale and Bentley happy, and I really don't envy him in that respect.

But anyway, to compare these players is pointless because what matters at the end of the day is who finishes higher in the league. Silva could break his leg tomorrow, Van Der Vaart could, and I don't really care as long as City finish above Spurs in the top 4 and win a trophy. Silva can become a superstar, Van Der Vaart has already proven he'll be nothing more than a pretty good player.

not alot of substance in there Joe mate. I watch plenty of European and South American football also watched the WC were your boy Silva made one appearance in Spains only loss and was promptly dropped for the rest of the tournament bar 3 minutes against Germany were as VDV started all the group games and made 5 or 6 total appearances.

If I was a betting man I'd bet VDV makes a far bigger name for himself in the EPL than Silva. He's just far more suited to the league and our style of play so I'm expecting him to hit the ground running and not look back.

Tottenham Pete said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

not alot of substance in there Joe mate. I watch plenty of European and South American football also watched the WC were your boy Silva made one appearance in Spains only loss and was promptly dropped for the rest of the tournament bar 3 minutes against Germany were as VDV started all the group games and made 5 or 6 total appearances.

If I was a betting man I'd bet VDV makes a far bigger name for himself in the EPL than Silva.

world cup's hardly a barometer made, like I said, Silva would walk in that Dutch team and no offence Van Der Vaart would not get in the Spanish side. And as I also said, VDV has the advantage of having played in Germany & Holland, but I do believe Silva is more talented and has a lot more potential, and I also think there was plenty of substance to my post.

Tottenham Pete said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

If I was a betting man I'd bet VDV makes a far bigger name for himself in the EPL than Silva.

So do you think if VDV was Spanish he would get in the team in front of Xavi and Iniesta?

VDV will play far more games than Silva in EPL as we have a far stronger squad and he'll be rotated, VDV will play in all games for you if he's fit because let's face it he's a big name for your lot.......................

Hate spurs if im honest but

VDV is an amazing coup for them, great price and will be that difference they need.
And both of there full backs are spot on.

I would personally be abit worried about Gallas, he split the dressing room at Arsenal and Chelsea.

Danamy said:
Tottenham Pete said:

So do you think if VDV was Spanish he would get in the team in front of Xavi and Iniesta?

VDV will play far more games than Silva in EPL as we have a far stronger squad and he'll be rotated, VDV will play in all games for you if he's fit because let's face it he's a big name for your lot.......................

VDV would most likely make the 23 man squad for Spain yes just like Silva did but also like Silva he wouldn't start. The main thing to take into account is they play different positions. Silva is best on the left wing were as he can drift into the middle also and do a job in the final third. VDV is best as an attacking central midfielder but can also do a job out left so it's not just a like for like comparison and there are a number of variables to take into account. Silva has world class potential and is a top quality player but the same can be said for VDV.

As far as you lot having a far stronger 25 man squad well that's not really true is it. Tevez is the only player you have that I would really love at Tottenham other than that I'm not really fussed with the rest. We got top 4 last season on merit and have only gotten stronger over the summer.

I've a question for ours tottenham friends here : given the fact redknapp play the old 4-4-2 , where do you think can VDV be played ? in wich role ?

scottyboi said:
Hate spurs if im honest but

VDV is an amazing coup for them, great price and will be that difference they need.
And both of there full backs are spot on.

I would personally be abit worried about Gallas, he split the dressing room at Arsenal and Chelsea.

Yeah good buy at a great price but not the position that they needed to strenghten

Mancio said:
I've a question for ours tottenham friends here : given the fact redknapp play the old 4-4-2 , where do you think can VDV be played ? in wich role ?

Redknapp has only become seen as a 442 coach as last season we were one of the few teams to play that formation. The media have pointed it out and thus it's become gospel that Harry is a 442 man, but the truth is when he came to Spurs he actually changed our formation to 433, from 442. It was only when we signed Palacios we reverted back to 442. At Pompey, prior to signing Defoe, he played 433 also. I'd imagine we'll play 1 striker and VDV in an advanced midfield.

ginola999 said:
Mancio said:

Redknapp has only become seen as a 442 coach as last season we were one of the few teams to play that formation. The media have pointed it out and thus it's become gospel that Harry is a 442 man, but the truth is when he came to Spurs he actually changed our formation to 433, from 442. It was only when we signed Palacios we reverted back to 442. At Pompey, prior to signing Defoe, he played 433 also. I'd imagine we'll play 1 striker and VDV in an advanced midfield.

i think you'll have some problems to find a right role for him. he is too slow for play second striker , and he dont run like a AM. he may be good just playing as trequartista at the top of a diamond mid , but you have to play the wings...... . well , I now how this will end.... VDV on the bench , as usual.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.