VDV> Silva

Van Der Vaart is a good player but not a World Class player in my opinion he wont make Tottenham any better than what they already are seen as they have Modric and Krancjar which are similiar players to Van Der Vaart, He seems to stand out in an average side £8m for him is a decent deal.

Failsworth_Blue said:
Tottenham Pete said:
not alot of substance in there Joe mate. I watch plenty of European and South American football also watched the WC were your boy Silva made one appearance in Spains only loss and was promptly dropped for the rest of the tournament bar 3 minutes against Germany were as VDV started all the group games and made 5 or 6 total appearances.

If I was a betting man I'd bet VDV makes a far bigger name for himself in the EPL than Silva. He's just far more suited to the league and our style of play so I'm expecting him to hit the ground running and not look back.

I actually don't think Silva was dropped just because the manager didn't think he was good enough to start. Del Bosque said quite clearly before the tournament started that no player should go into negotiations with clubs during the world cup and Silva went against his word. Silva started most of their games during their successful Euro 2008 and their qualification for the World Cup so Del Bosque obviously thinks he's an excellent player
aboveboard said:
For a non - scoring striker, which he is'nt, around a goal every two games at Ajax, followed by 48 in 3 seasons in Germany and 16 at Madrid where he played fairly frequently is none to shabby. Plus 16 in 80 games for Holland. Head and shoulders over Silva, and in terms of price a real snip by comparison to Milner.

Head and Shoulders above Silva in terms of what? Since VDV moved to Madrid he's appeared in 58 La Liga games scoring a total of 11 goals and having 13 assists. In the same two seasons Silva has played 49 games, scoring 12 goals and 14 assists so while VDV career statistics look much better in terms of goals to game ratio in the same leauge as Silva it's not actually as impressive. Silva also has 8 goals in 39 games for Spain so ratio pretty similar to Van Der Vaarts for Holland

These aren't fair comparisons as they aren't representative on time on the pitch. To say VDV has played 58 games and Silva is slighlty misleading as it suggests that Silva has had less playing time, when in fact he's had 3895 mins whilst VDV has had 2819. So in the same league as Silva, it is actually still impressive, perhaps even more so when you consider it's Silva's home league and foreign to VDV.

ginola999 said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
I actually don't think Silva was dropped just because the manager didn't think he was good enough to start. Del Bosque said quite clearly before the tournament started that no player should go into negotiations with clubs during the world cup and Silva went against his word. Silva started most of their games during their successful Euro 2008 and their qualification for the World Cup so Del Bosque obviously thinks he's an excellent player

Head and Shoulders above Silva in terms of what? Since VDV moved to Madrid he's appeared in 58 La Liga games scoring a total of 11 goals and having 13 assists. In the same two seasons Silva has played 49 games, scoring 12 goals and 14 assists so while VDV career statistics look much better in terms of goals to game ratio in the same leauge as Silva it's not actually as impressive. Silva also has 8 goals in 39 games for Spain so ratio pretty similar to Van Der Vaarts for Holland

These aren't fair comparisons as they aren't representative on time on the pitch. To say VDV has played 58 games and Silva is slighlty misleading as it suggests that Silva has had less playing time, when in fact he's had 3895 mins whilst VDV has had 2819. So in the same league as Silva, it is actually still impressive, perhaps even more so when you consider it's Silva's home league and foreign to VDV.
That's fair enough as your right silva only made 4 sub appearances whereas VDV made 17 but you've also got to take into account that VDV was playing in a better team than Silva was. There was only two players who created more goalscoring chances from open play in la liga last season and that was ronaldo and xavi. VDV is a good player no doubt about it but there's not a chance in my mind that he's better than Silva

Mancio said:
I've a question for ours tottenham friends here : given the fact redknapp play the old 4-4-2 , where do you think can VDV be played ? in wich role ?

That's a common misconseption about Redknapps time with Spurs

The line-ups at the begining of the game might suggest we're playing 442 but we change shape and formation many times throughout the course of a game

-- Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:52 pm --

Stillsy said:
scottyboi said:
Hate spurs if im honest but

VDV is an amazing coup for them, great price and will be that difference they need.
And both of there full backs are spot on.

I would personally be abit worried about Gallas, he split the dressing room at Arsenal and Chelsea.

Yeah good buy at a great price but not the position that they needed to strenghten

I'll admit I really wanted Fabiano as he is world class and who wouldn't want Brazils number 9 but we have a very strong strike force

Defoe is a 20+ goals striker, Crouch can come of the bench and change a game regularly a very effective weapon, Keano has scored well over 100 goals for us and Pav is capable of scoring a good few too. We've got the same strike force that fired us to the CL last season plus we've improved all the other areas of the team<br /><br />-- Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:00 am --<br /><br />
redmizzle said:
Tottenham Pete said:
VDV would most likely make the 23 man squad for Spain yes just like Silva did but also like Silva he wouldn't start. The main thing to take into account is they play different positions. Silva is best on the left wing were as he can drift into the middle also and do a job in the final third. VDV is best as an attacking central midfielder but can also do a job out left so it's not just a like for like comparison and there are a number of variables to take into account. Silva has world class potential and is a top quality player but the same can be said for VDV.

As far as you lot having a far stronger 25 man squad well that's not really true is it. Tevez is the only player you have that I would really love at Tottenham other than that I'm not really fussed with the rest. We got top 4 last season on merit and have only gotten stronger over the summer.

Tbf i dont think the strength of our squad depends on who you'd really love at the Lane, thats you. It has nothing to do with the quality of the players in our ranks.

How have you got stronger when you failed to address the area which most needed strengthening? Your strikers. And please dont tell me you're happy with it cos every Spurs fan i know agrees you could do with strengthening that area. Its like Arsenal saying they've strengthened with with a midfielder even though they really wanted a keeper. Im sure if you had a choice between Dzeko and VdV you'd pick the former.

We've got 4 good strikers including Defoe who is a 20+ goals striker and just keeps getting better season after season. Then we improved the defence by adding a very experinced player in Gallas who still has a good few seasons left in him at the top. Sandro and VDV added to midfield will only improve depth, competition and results. Then Pletikosa is quality competition for Gomes. That's how we've got better all while keeping our best players and a very settled squad.

Dzeko is quality too and I'd take him over Balotelli would you not? no point wishing though we've got what we've got and I'm confident of another top 4 finish at the very least.

Atlético Madrid interested in David Silva. Apparently the Spaniard is struggling in the Premier League according to a report on the Daily Mail.

At the moment, with Balotelli about to go under the knife and not expected to be back till November, Tevez declaring himself "old and tired at 26", Adebayor looking like he'd like a move to ..... well anywhere, Bellamy gone and Silva apperently not settling in, it's not exactly the start to the season I was hoping for.

Tez Tosterone said:
Atlético Madrid interested in David Silva. Apparently the Spaniard is struggling in the Premier League according to a report on the Daily Mail.

This is a non-story, he's neither settled or unsettled yet. We've barely started the season!

ginola999 said:
Failsworth_Blue said:

And with all due respect VDV has been at Real Madrid, in a team that scored 102 goals last season, as opposed to Valencia's 59.

Any word yet on Harry's blatant lying over this transfer.

silva at valencia looked the real deal, backed up with scum placing their interest too. I think he was a great signing for us however, his first few appearances he has made have been way below par, making his 24 mill price tag look a bit too high. However if he can settle in england and produce the magic he did at valencia, we have a great player. lets hope he is not another robinho :S

Below par is a good thing =p

I'm surprised people are saying he's unsettled, not adjusting, etc. Has he even played a full 90 minutes in a match yet? Give him some time FFS, even Mancini said he'd need a few months to adjust, give him time to blossom and he will continue to be one of the world's better attacking midfielders.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.