Veganism

Memo to the OP; if you want live your life the way you do, fine. I'm happy for you. Seriously, I am. However, don't tell others how to live theirs or pass judgement on them. It only comes across as sanctimonious and preachy.

I wasn't being preachy mate, yet have a handful of comments like yours. I was being honest. I was acknowledging a truth. You know like you look at a person and decide rationally that they are better person than you? There is no shame in that. I have a hatred of all nature, it's crude and cruel and there is enough misery going on without the cleverest beings on the planet causing unnecessary suffering.

@Damocles I am a speciesist too, and agree with some of what you said, but I don't think you gave any justification for killing of animals to eat the meat you don't need. They have complex nervous systems, brains, many neurons.. they interact with their surroundings, they are conscious and many are capable of affection. They are not in the same rank as plants at all.

I wasn't being preachy mate, yet have a handful of comments like yours. I was being honest. I was acknowledging a truth. You know like you look at a person and decide rationally that they are better person than you? There is no shame in that. I have a hatred of all nature, it's crude and cruel and there is enough misery going on without the cleverest beings on the planet causing unnecessary suffering.

@Damocles I am a speciesist too, and agree with some of what you said, but I don't think you gave any justification for killing of animals to eat the meat you don't need. They have complex nervous systems, brains, many neurons.. they interact with their surroundings, they are conscious and many are capable of affection. They are not in the same rank as plants at all.

You have a hatred of nature? It's crude and cruel?
You're a looney!

Can't wait till ten o'clock.

Here is a picture of a cockerel I killed the other day. It was alive and well fed and allowed to fuck my chickens for one reason only. So I could eat it.

2dtrrk1.jpg

Humans so very naughty.

Can't stand preachy bollocks, forcing beliefs on other people. Ignorant and selfish because I like bacon? I'd call that being human.

In the words of Vincent Vega Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste goood

I think you'd be insane not to agree that a person who exploits feeling creatures for their gratification is a more unethical person than the one who doesn't.
Again, you're preaching. Passing judgement on a person's ethics based on their eating habits. How can you possibly know what sort of character a person is because of their dietary habits? You can't.

I think you'd be insane not to agree that a person who exploits feeling creatures for their gratification is a more unethical person than the one who doesn't.
Depends on the context really doesn't it. Are you suggesting a family having a sunday roast is comparable to behaviours that would make Ed Gein blush?
(Careful, the picture shows a savage murderer eating flesh)
iStock_000003592885XSmall.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.