Vested and Prejudicial Interests on Football Governing Bodies?

I am simply raising the principle of `serving` on the main football governing bodies where influence is wielded and rules and regulations are made, whilst at the same time being, in effect, part of a body, organisation or football club, that could well benefit from what may appear to be the outcome of a vested and prejudicial interest or, conversely, may disadvantage say, for example, a commercial or football competitor.

There may or may not be an example of this. Any enlightenment of this matter and the implications are probably worthy of wider debate.
Lets just say every time the rags come 6th (which is quite often these days) and fail to qualify for the CL, out come the brainwave ideas to enable clubs with an ''historical record'' who didn't qualify to enter the competition. The idea never gets banded around the seasons the rags fluke their way into it.

Is it not a bit like referee`s who all declare they support non league teams? I am sure i read somewhere that Gill for example had to give up his role within utd when he took up his UEFA role but such was the dislike within UEFA especially over his botched City hatchet job that they pushed him onto FIFA where his associations would be very slim

Is it not a bit like referee`s who all declare they support non league teams?
Why, which referee does that? I mean, no way would anyone believe - for example - someone born in say Wythenshawe declaring they supported (thinks of a local non league team near to Wythenshawe) say Altrincham......

" Don’t forget one thing, it is the beginning of something. It’s not the end, it is the beginning and we can do all things. We can do many things."

Over 6 years ago a prominent sports writer interviewed the UEFA President. This is the link to the interview:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...FULL-transcript-interview-UEFA-president.html

From the pertinent opening question there followed a wider discussion about FFP.

The President of the time was, according to this interview, keen to "protect" clubs such as Portsmouth and Glasgow Rangers. He mentions them a few times. Some may think it interesting that he had such knowledge of these 2 clubs.

Is there a reason why, in the role of President of UEFA, he would be specifically be aware of their circumstances and have a strong desire to protect them and others ?
Or would he have been guided and received advice on this? If so, why, and where would such guidance and help probably have come from?

Chelsea and City are also mentioned a few times in this interview.

OP I think you need to be clearer in your post as to who you may mean. I cannot think of anyone who would be in several positions and still with a top club. A mid table one on the slide maybe but ….. Anyway, if it were true I am sure the media would be all over it, calling it out for the problems it would cause just like the did over the wages cap and FFP.
I think theOP will just parry that...oops.

Is it not a bit like referee`s who all declare they support non league teams? I am sure i read somewhere that Gill for example had to give up his role within utd when he took up his UEFA role but such was the dislike within UEFA especially over his botched City hatchet job that they pushed him onto FIFA where his associations would be very slim

Why, which referee does that? I mean, no way would anyone believe - for example - someone born in say Wythenshawe declaring they supported (thinks of a local non league team near to Wythenshawe) say Altrincham......

Another scenario would be a ref who had a season ticket for a really big club, say United, and then associating himself with the Lancashire FA and when it came to declaring the team he supports he'd say something like Bolton
Mad isn't it
Thank goodness it's never happened

I think all these barely concealed digs at a straight & upstanding man who is a board member of a once moderately successful local club are wrong.

It is not that this once moderately successful club have EVER benefitted from any decision made by these neutral independent organisations whilst he has been on the board & in many cases organised the rules.

Oh no, lets have financial fair play here.

Where did you read that, BBC Simon Stone.
He is still a paid employee, just that there is nowhere for you to read it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.