Vet Fees

Only two back legs but sadly it was explicitly written in the T&C's of our MoreThan Pet Plan - and we believe its not uncommon - its the fact that the rectification of one knee gets close to the max limit per condition, and these buggers know if one knee goes then the other is likely to too so it becomes a 'pre-existing condition'! Google for "pet insurance cruciate exclusion" and see what I mean... :-(
I'm going to have to check my T&C's now with Animal Friends.

Damn.

Conditions that affect both sides of the body

A condition or illness which affects a body part that your pet has one of, on either side of their body, is called a bilateral condition. A bilateral condition means that treatment for both sides of the body will be covered under the same vet fee limit. This could include treatment for parts of the body such as, elbows, hips and cruciate ligaments. For example, your pet may need treatment for an injury to the left cruciate ligament which costs £500. If you have our Basic Plus policy, which has a £1,000 limit, there would be £500 left for treatment if your pet then injured their right cruciate ligament. This is because we’d class these as one condition. If the condition on the opposite side of the body was first noticed before the policy start date or within the waiting period, we’ll consider this a pre-existing condition. Pre-existing conditions are not covered by this policy. For example, if the damage to the left cruciate ligament is pre-existing, you won’t be covered if they later damage their right cruciate ligament.

Adding a handy little diagram for people who don't know their left from their right is taking the piss a bit though.

Untitled.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.