Vet Fees

Surely it’s deregulation that allows for different pricing.
In France human meds like paracetamol are far more expensive than here because you can only get them from pharmacies.

Surely it’s deregulation that allows for different pricing.
In France human meds like paracetamol are far more expensive than here because you can only get them from pharmacies.
I suppose it depends on the form of the regulation. People often cannot choose a vet - their animal needs immediate treatment. In an environment where brands are taking over independent vets and turning them into a chain, the choice of the vet is being curtailed and the finance boys have stepped in.

I suppose it depends on the form of the regulation. People often cannot choose a vet - their animal needs immediate treatment. In an environment where brands are taking over independent vets and turning them into a chain, the choice of the vet is being curtailed and the finance boys have stepped in.

Perhaps some form of antitrust legislation would be better than a specific regulator of the industry.

Signed. Recently took my hound to his regular vets in Hyde. Sat for 45 min in the car park waiting for her to come and collect him. She took one look at him and said he would need sedating to treat a potential ear infection. The fee would start at £550 and subsequently charged be £15 for some pills to be getting on with. It was only when I got home and read the instructions on the bottle that I found out she had charged me £15 for 10 paracetamol.

Many years ago there was a documentary about dodgy vets in North London.
A lot of it featured a practice in Stanmore right opposite a pub used by Blues who park up there and go the Wembley by tube. Does anyone remember it. Its niggling me as can remember the pub well but not much about the tricks the vets and staff got up to.

Many years ago there was a documentary about dodgy vets in North London.
A lot of it featured a practice in Stanmore right opposite a pub used by Blues who park up there and go the Wembley by tube. Does anyone remember it. Its niggling me as can remember the pub well but not much about the tricks the vets and staff got up to.

This it?

For future reference, to help you search. If it was on Terrestrial television, these sort of documentaries usually fall under a specific badge of the major broadcasters. Therefore if you can remember the channel, it is easier to narrow down the search, i. e. BBC panorama, Channel 4 Dispatches etc.

If you are at a loss searching for the specific programme because you can't remember the title or format brand, search for an index or wiki that contains the network's brands.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.