Vicky Kloss

It really has mate. Could our PR get any worse?
Vicky Kloss has been a major part of that. Just because
she's a City fan doesn't give her a free pass like some on
here think. I honestly, don't think we can do any worse.
She was in the job a long time, so unless you think she had everyone at the club fooled, they must think she was very good at her job. But then again they knew what her job was you obviously didn’t.

She was in the job a long time, so unless you think she had everyone at the club fooled, they must think she was very good at her job. But then again they knew what her job was you obviously didn’t.
Her role was much wider than City and embraced the whole CFG group and all the global politics that goes with that job. I don't think she can be blamed for the vicious slur campaign by some elements of the English press.
Like many on this site there have been moments when I don't think City have been as proactive as they could be in tackling some of the false narratives about the club. That said the Comms strategy for CFG will be set by Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon who will always approach everything from a global perspective. Sometimes they will adopt a softly softly approach because of issues fans don't know anything about.
It will be interesting to see if our strategy changes moving forward. I think that as a club we have reached a tipping point with our commercial appeal. That has been shown by our huge fanbase in the USA. We have become a valuable product for media operators so they will have to adjust their coverage.

Last edited:
I dont think anyone is criticising Vicky Kloss per-se. for her role in the PR/media dept, its just that dept never seemed on the surface to the fans, to fully grasp dealing with the media in this clickbait, word twisting false story, world we live in today. Back in the Maine road days when reporters were reporters, and not story makers then dealing with the press/media was a whole different game than it is now . We need to deal with the media from a position of strength and authority, we are not little old City anymore we are one of the biggest clubs in world football if not the biggest, our press/media dealings should reflect that .

There's a famous saying about not fighting with pigs in mud.

Man City will not waste money or energy getting into petty arguments with the low life dwellers in the media.

Anyone who thinks we would come out of any court case with any credit is deluded. You can't win.

Vicki and City will know this and manage it the in the most professional way they can, by ignoring it.

If you're aggrieved by some piss pot story teller, then hook up with them on twitter and call them a "cnut", but don't expect City to do the same.

Keep up the great work City PR.

City’s PR department has been mostly a disaster for years.

Hopefully we can get someone who actually knows what they are doing.
I sort of get what you mean, from the club owners racially attacked, supporters being called Rats, Raheem constantly getting pelters, Pep getting asked stupid questions post match to name a few, Raheem having to stick up for himself….i do feel sometimes the club needed to stick the boot in and show the fuckers who’s boss!
But instead we let the c*nts in a week later and provide free food, drink and one of the best seats in the house

And you did? Laughable mate.
No , but I didn’t need to. I do know those running the club aren’t idiots and don’t pay people a lot of money for the last 14 years unless they are doing a good job. You must know better than them though.

Spoke to a few times and she's absolutely lovely. She even messaged me once to try and help my wife out with a temporary job when she was made redundant during the pandemic and we were panicking. A genuinely good egg and I wish her all the best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.